July 1, 2011

She cries..

Chloe certainly loves to go to "school", especially when she knows that Mama has prepared a sausage bun as her snack. 

Again, she waved bye delightedly to everyone at home. I told her in the morning that Papa and Mama are going to have breakfast with Chloe before Mama send Chloe to "school". When we about to arrive, She asked, "Mama, let's go breakfast".

"Yes, darling. Papa is going to meet us at the "mum mum" (eatery) place. Do you want to have some Noodle?"

She nodded and replied, "Yes"

Papa is always the loving papa. He hugged Chloe, Carried Chloe around and Chloe even asked to sit beside Papa when we were having breakfast.

After Breakfast, Papa kissed Chloe goodbye. Everything is just FINE, nothing unusual up to the moment we arrived the doorstep. Next, One teacher opened the door and greeted us. I didn't see Ms. Chan, which I saw her at her desk for the past three days. Chloe cries out of sudden as she walked into the centre. One of the teachers led Chloe into the Classroom, and then the other teacher just close the main door. I could hear Chloe was crying for Mama loudly. Luckily, it did not trigger my "crying" mode today, because it is not her first day in class. She was happy for the past three days, I don't think there is a major problem for her. It could be many reasons which lead to her sudden cries. But, anyway, I was at the door, hiding a corner (from Chloe, of course), listening to Chloe cries. Her cries actually faded after 3 minutes or so. I could hear her sobbing but at least this is a sign that she is settling down. Then, I left the centre. 

Funnily enough that it didn't distract me from my work. Perhaps, I have already accepted the fact that my baby is no longer a baby, and she is READY for nursery next year. I handle her cries logically.. Hahaha....I give myself several reasons 

1. She did not see Ms. Chan like she did for the past three days. I think Ms. Chan attended her personally the last three days. 
2. She missed Papa, especially Papa's EXTRA DOSE of TLC (Tender Loving Care) before class.
3. All of the above

I arrived the centre at 12.10noon, and Chloe and all her other friends were all waiting outside the classroom (in the centre). Chloe walked to the door when one of the teachers called her name. Chloe looks perfectly normal to me, smiling away. Then, I asked the "teacher?" "Lady"? (I believe is Ms. Chan's partner that she mentioned it to me before), "How's Chloe?"

Her reply was ambiguous, "Oh, fine" she said. 

"Oh No. She was crying this morning when I drop her off. After that, did she cry? How did you cope with it?" I asked.

"No, She didn't cry. See, She is not crying. She is fine. She's happy. After I brought her into the room, then she never cry already" She said again.

I didn't ask further even though I wanted to know more how they actually deal with her this morning. I know I will not get much of the answers. As long as, I see my happy girl when I fetch her home. She waved bye happily to everyone in the centre as we left. 

As I told hubby earlier. This is not a proper nursery or school. I shall quickly find out a better place for Chloe. The centre solely concentrate on teaching them how to read and how to write. To educate a child, is more than reading and writing I believe. I don't blame them, they have already indicated their intention, Vital Years are here to teach your child how to READ and WRITE. So, they are not cheating. hahaha.....

Maybe I am expecting too much. I am expecting someone to update me on my child's progress regularly, not just in terms of academic but also behaviour and attitude towards "school". Growing up is not determined by just academic results but overall behaviour and attitude. Aiyaya...Mama commented so much and did not action. 

OK. I shall stop here and google on schools for Chloe...

No comments: