July 19, 2011

My girls fall sick ...

Chloe has been coughing in the night since ALMOST 2 months ago. Her night coughing stopped after two visits to Dr. Patrick, which was only LAST WEEK. Then, last Saturday, out of nowhere, she had this bad flu during the day and cough in the night again. In fact, I think she was having slight fever on that night too but the FAULTY thermometer indicated only 37 deg C. I didn't believe it, and tested on everyone else. At that time, everyone else was approx. 35 deg C, and my "beloved" hubby said the thermometer is working perfectly. Anyway, I did not insist or argue further, and treated it as "normal" temperature since the thermometer said so.  

On Sunday, Chloe was coughing quite badly day & night with a continuous flu, and Baby Clarisse also start to have the flu too minus the cough.

I was a little worried on feeding them too much medication, especially Chloe. So, I went to a Chinese Herb Shop and bought 化痰粉 (fa tam fun) which is suppose to dilute the flam and help to stop the flu. So, I fed Chloe the Chinese Medicine as per instructed dosage in the afternoon. I didn't give any medication to Clarisse because Clarisse is still below 1 year old and I don't want to take any risk to give anything to Clarisse without Doctor's advise. Anyway, the cough turns quite bad until Chloe couldn't sleep properly, so I went back to the same Chinese Herb Shop on the same day, and ask for a stronger & better medicine. He recommended 猴枣散 (hou zou san), but he mentioned that these are not miracle medicines, furthermore chinese medicine effect is usually slower than the western, so he told me to be patient and don't expect my girl to heal immediately after single dosage. 

So, I fed her the 猴枣散 (hou zou san) before we went to bed. Papa & Mama had a little drama in the night (Yes, we shouted to each other!!!) because Chloe was having fever (and the stupid thermometer again performed its "SUPERB" measurement by telling me that Chloe's temperature was only 37.2 degC a.k.a. Normal). Baby Clarisse slept well and didn't wake up crying for uncomfort. Chloe, on the other hand, was crying a lot and her cough woke her up constantly. Moreover, her temperature raised higher and I could feel the heat releasing from her body. I was nervous, and looking at the clock constantly. I fed her the chinese medicine at 9pm and I didn't want to mix any other medicine within the 4 hours duration. So, I was waiting and looking, waiting and looking, and finally the clock ticked 12 midnight, and I immediately fed chloe 5ml of Neurofen. Papa wanted to insert the Voltaren gel, but Chloe was crying vigorously and I don't really like the idea of it. Papa was also hesitating; Chloe was crying; Mama was terribly Impatient ending up shouting here and there. In the end, we resorted to 5ml of Neurofen & a piece of Animal Biscuit. Oh, also 3 Barney Episodes.  

This morning, I heard Baby Clarisse started coughing a little too. It makes me worried even more. Papa & Mama had decided to give up the chinese medication idea, and went straight to Dr. Patrick with our two girls. 

CHLOE
Diagnose :-
- Low Grade Viral Infection
- Very Blocked Nose
- Slightly inflamed throat
- No Fever (Dr's thermometer 37.2degC, Papa's thermometer 35.2degC)

Prescription for Chloe
- Aerius 2.5ml every morning x 7 days
- Nasal Spray (Non-medicated) 3 times a day 
- Medicated Nasal Spray 2 spray every night x 5 days
- Ventolin 2 puff a day x 5 days

CLARISSE
Diagnose :-
- VERY Low Grade of Viral Infection (from her beloved sister)
- Very Blocked Nose
- Clear Lungs, Clear Throat
- No Fever

Prescription
- 2.5ml twice a day Axol for the cough when necessary
- illadin Nose Drop 2 drops each time , 2 times a day
- Nasa Spray (Non-Medicated) 3 - 4 times a day

Since Doctor diagnosed it as Viral Infection, no antibiotic prescribed to my girls. Also, Mama didn't use Ventolin on Chloe and I didn't feed Axol to Clarisse unless it is really bad, then I will feed them the cough medicine. 

*PHEW* Such a relieve now. My girls are fine, just caught a little Viral Infection which I think it is probably due to the haze. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Baby Clarisse and Darling Chloe,

Get well soon. Mama loves you all. It is such a pain to see you girls fall sick. Speed recovery, ya?

With lots of Love Love Love,
Mama

No comments: