July 10, 2011

One fine free day at home

Thanks to the Bersih Rally, Mama decided to stay home the whole Saturday to avoid the massive jam in KL. *** Actually it was just an excuse for me to skip work!***Ahem, for safety reason, Mama stayed home with everyone else except for my Boss cum Dad who actually went to office to work.

We woke up in the morning, together with Chloe and Clarisse. As usual, Papa a.k.a the lazy cat, This is show Chloe called him sometimes, was still in his dreamland. I didn't bother to wake him up, cause waking him up means quarrels which I am not interested at all. Therefore, Mama made a smart choice to spend some quality with my princesses like a walk inside the house garden, we played cooking cooking, played bubbles and then Mama bathed both my girls. A complete Spa treatment from head to toe i.e pretend body scrub using foam instead, then a total hair wash, then a warm bath in a tiny blue tub. Followed by a 5mins massage with Chico Baby Body Lotion, then put on comfy cotton clothing. The Spa completed with a Baby Manicure and a Stylist Hairblow.

After the Spa treatment, Clarisse was so comfortable that she went to sleep immediately while Chloe was in the kitchen with Mama baking Butter Cake. To be Precised, it is a cinnamon apple BUTTER CAKE, which I also added the blueberries which are going to rot anytime soon like the other raspberries in the fridge. *sigh* It was a total failure, my mum said it was too buttery (butter cake is too butterish? Hmm...) and my brother who is my former dessert supporter rated it 4 out of 10. My sis said it's ok but she wouldn't have another. Hubby said NO without even tasting it, well, he is never a sweet person so no comment from him. My dad had most if it, but his comment was "you've improved".... Yeah, it was really bad. I want to put all this lousy rating to the recipe. :p To be honest, there is nothing wrong with the cake except the burnt side, it was the butter cake too buttery which the crumbs don't go well with butter cake.

Then, we had a simple lunch prepared by my mum, noodles and fish balls in anchovies soup. After lunch, I sent Chloe and Clarisse to the room for their afternoon nap. Then, Mama got back to the kitchen and went on with my secong baking project - Egg Tarts. Hey, it was not o bad too but my bother rated it 6, then he went on to tell me that,"after tasting this tart, the cake is 2 and your tart is 6." My mum said it was too sweet which I agree.

I wanted to take a pictures of my projects before I start writing this blog, but I realized that all the tarts are all gone! They were 8-9 mini tarts, 4 medium tarts and 2 large tarts. They are all in different sizes because there are not enough tart moulds at home. Mum bought them in 4 different sizes. So, just in one days, all the tarts are one, it can't be too bad. The huge cake left 1/8 of the portion, but I agree that this recipe doesn't suit my taste. Butter Cake is better off being simply butter cake without any fancy variation. Egg tarts wise, I will try making it again, with a little changes in the recipe like reduce the sugar, use high protein flour, don't over bake it, try to make a softer crust. Try it again until I get it right, if I have the time. But sweets are not popular at home, all the effort made will not be popular. So, I'm going make buns and loaves in the next rally, which is....dunno when...haha....

After all the baking projects, and babies are awake. Mama got my two babies dipped into a shallow balloon pool, a present for Chloe from ayi two years ago. After a long day with babies and project, mama's energy had a sudden drop to th minimum, and I rested on the couch before dinner. Had home cook dinner At home with everyone...

I was too tired to stay up late, watched bride's war and slept at 11.30pm.....

No comments: