July 24, 2011

Petite Cupcakes

Mama attended the workshop on Petite Cupcakes at The Cooking House in Hartamas. It is from 2.30pm - 6.00pm, and we get the hands on for the four different types of Cupcakes. According to the instructor, Pei Ling, that these are the popular cupcakes. 

Demonstration by Pei Ling
Cream Cheese Frosting Demonstration


Beetroot Juice - Steam Beetroot for 10mins 
and make into juice
Peanut Buttercream. I don't fancy cream,  
but this Peanut
Buttercream is actually quite nice
Vanilla Cupcakes. It is hard at the top and 
it sinks in the middle.
The instructor said it is because 

I over-beat the Sugar.
Vanilla Cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcakes is going for a prom, 
I dressed up my Vanilla
Cupcakes with the Peanut Buttercream. 

Gosh, I never like CREAM,
and I actually don't mind to put this 

into my mouth. Again and again.
Geezz....this is bad ~ SO FATTENING! 
Red Velvet Cupcakes. 
It is moist inside. Nice! Yum Yum.
The "RED" is from the Beetroot but 

if nice RED is desire, need to
mix with Food Colouring, and stabilized 

it with Baking Soda & Vinegar 
Red Velvet Cupcakes are looking good. Yum~
Red Velvet Cupcake is going to 
the prom with Vanilla, So, Mama
dressed up Red Velvet with Cream Cheese. 

Guilty Mama is actually having the Cupcake 
now (at 12.45 midnight),  I scraped off the cream
initially, but then I thought why not give it a bite, WOW, the cream
cheese is good (but very sweet). So Guilty now! The Cupcakes itself
without any sorts of cream is really yummy yummy!
Moist Carrot and Walnut Cupcakes. 
Simple and Healthy Cupcakes.
Ugly but Healthy and nice. 

Furthermore, out of 4 cupcakes, this is
a LESS sweet cupcakes. 

But Papa said it is too SWEET maybe
because he is afraid that I might 

force him to eat another one. Ha!
It is moist and soft inside. 
I want to do this for my children as breakfast.
Last but not least, the Chocolate Fudge Cupcake. 
I tried this without any frosting. 
Hmm..Not a fan of Chocolate Fudge, 
it looks like charcoal and not so 
appetizing here but the inside is also very moist
and soft. 
Oh, Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes want to 
play dress up too.
They are coated with dark chocolate ganache 

and chopped hazelnut.
Cupcakes are ready for the prom. 
Come on, hop in, Mama is bringing all of you home. Let's go!! 


Tips learnt:-
(1) Buttermilk = 1 tbsp Vinegar + 1 Cup Milk
(2) Beetroot Juice = Red Food Coloring BUT not = dragonfruit Juice
     Pei Ling said dragon food won't work. 
(3) Dont over beat the sugar. 


No comments: