December 14, 2008

Sleepless Nights

These few days, there are two Pandas walking around the house, either feeding baby, carrying baby or rocking baby.

Baby Chloe is getting a little naughty and starting to know how to demand something from the two Pandas at home. Last time, after a feed, she would actually go to sleep. Now?? She knows how to ask for someone to carry her, to sing to her and rock her to sleep. It is easy during daytime, as she usually gets to sleep within an hour after a feed. Maybe my mum has an experienced hands and can easily get Baby Chloe to sleep.

Baby Chloe turns into a monster in the night. My mum's last shift is usually between 10pm to 12 midnight. From there, I will be totally in charge of Baby Chloe. Recently, her trend became a little annoying as she woke up at 2am cried for hunger and only got to sleep at 5am. After I fed her with 80ml of milk, she would usually pooed at that time too. So, I changed her diaper. After changing her diaper, her two eyes opened widely gazing at you, it seems like she's asking for something. So, I tried to carry her and sing to her, she would smile occasionally with her half-closed eyes but not asleep. Then, I tried ti put her down on her crib, covered her with blanket. In less than 5 minutes, she started to Wu Nga Wu Nga again. I always asked myself what did i missed? I fed her, I changed her diaper, I sang and rocked her. What else? Something, I was too desperate to get her to sleep that I would nurse her even with my sore and cracked nipples. It only worked once and the rest of the time it doesn't work. Then, I would feed her again with 40ml or 60ml depending on the timing. Still not willing to go to sleep yet.

At about 4am, I couldn't take it anymore as I was toooo sleepy. With no choice, I woke Panda Papa up and cried for help. From there, he would take over until 5am. Haha~~

This had happened three nights consecutively already. I hope tonight is not like this again. Otherwise, Panda Papa cannot go to work on time tomorrow. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor panda mama & papa, maybe you should try to get some rest in the day when your mom is around to help. at least you won't feel too tired in the night

baaba Sheep said...

may be sarung will help. I jus bought a sling carrier from singapore, i feel easy to carry with this, which i learn from my maid. back and hand no more tired, and slowly he will fall asleep.

席德 said...

oh poor mommy and daddy...
may be dun let her sleep too much during day time ?

Chris Yee said...

Ya, my mum is helping me in the day already, but I am not used to sleep during the day and that's the problem. :(

Kee Foon, we are trying to avoid sarong leh. But might think about it if we cannot take it anymore. Haha...

Hilde, cannot control her sleep. :(
No matter how much noise we made, she still continues her sleep.