December 26, 2008

MaMa is sick

I hate to be sick! I have to keep myself 3 feet away from my Baby Chloe. Luckily, expressed milk will not be affected since I am having a mild fever & sore throat which means Baby Chloe still able to continue to be fed with breast milk. Although I did not breastfeed Baby Chloe exclusively, since I was discharged till now I have been expressing breast milk to Baby Chloe without fail, trying to cope with her high demand. Because I was sick last night, my mum helps me to take care of Baby Chloe overnight. I told her to feed Baby Chloe with Formula so that she could sleep through the night without waking up so often. And this morning, my mum told me that she vomited after she fed her S26 Infant Formula. I recalled during her fullmoon, my mum also fed her Formula once and she vomited afted the feed. I am not sure this is good or bad. Good is Baby Chloe is getting the best nutrient, Bad is what happened if I could not produce any milk anymore, what if after I started work, I no longer cope with her demand especially when she is older with a bigger appetite? Gosh...

Anyway, MaMa is sick! I was acting strong on Christmas Day when I was at my ILs' apartment. They were nagging so much about taking care of myself during my confinement period, told me to consume tonnes of gingers, enzymes, DOM, vitamins...etc etc. And now I GOT SICK!!!! If they knew I was sick yesterday, they would probably laughed at me for not listening to their advise. In fact, the moment that I got sick I was a little nervous. I was very worried that all the old sayings will come true for I did not listen to their advises at all. I was thinking I thought the rheumatism will only come 2o years later?? My sickness will only come 20 years later too. Why now? Darn! It started with a sore throat after an afternoon nap. Then, later I felt my body temperature fluctuated like the KLSE. I believed I was sick and I wrapped myself up with long sleeves, long pants, two quilts and sweat it all out which was quite effective because the next morning I didn't feel cold at all and sore throat was getting better. After analysing, I think I was having too much ginger and recently I did not have enough water. Plus, I had a URUT session at the Christmas Eve's Morning with the Full Blast Air-Cond. I think this are the reasons!!!! Not because I did not have enough ginger, not because I did not consume vitamins, not because I did not consume enzymes, definitely not because I drank Plain Water during my confinement period, definitely not because I bathed with Luke Warm Water during my confinement. I INSIST! Call me Stubborn or in Denial. I Don't Care!!!! Hahaha...I choose to believe in what I believe!!!

In order to get a speedy recovery, I went to Dr. Loo today to get the Antibiotic and Lozenges. After two dosages, I felt a little stronger. I just have to remind myself that Plenty of Water is necessary otherwise nothing will help.

Baby Chloe, MaMa will get well soon la. MaMa already misses you so much for not able to carry you for one day!!! :P Now, PaPa gets all the credits because he's the only one who is able to take care of you at night. Sob Sob Sob :( PaPa is a good PaPa, he always prioritise Baby Chloe that he can even sacrifice his beauty SLEEP. He has never done that to anyone or anything but just you. PaPa loves you so much, but don't forget that MaMa also loves you a lot. :P

2 comments:

baaba Sheep said...

hey,

GIVE ME FIVE!!!! I exactly like you, drank plain water, shower with boiled hotwater, wash hair....even though my IL did say the same thing like your IL, ginger, Dome....I believe myself too!

baaba Sheep said...

I got sick after 2 or 3 months, I don't think it was because lack of vitamin or ginger, think was bcos, lack of sleep, cos kept waking up at night to feed baby plus TOO many ginger (heat).

Clive wake so many times in mid night when he was 3,4,5,6 month...till now only better a bit..sometime 2 times sometime 1 only. So she will be soon getting better. just be patient, give Chloe some time to get use of this real world la:) ,. And I'm now waiting for Clive to sleep through the night...finger cross XX :)