December 30, 2008

MaMa & Baby Chloe's Doctor Appointments

Today, PaPa brought MaMa & Baby Chloe for Checkup. We arrived at Dr. Ravi's Clinic at about 10am. There were not many patients but we waited for an hour and MaMa went in herself for consultation. I overheard MaMa complaining about the Consultation Fees that Dr. Ravi charged her (RM280) for a follow up which is very expensive.

After that PaPa & MaMa brought Baby Chloe to Dr. Patrick Clinic at 7th Floor. Yeah, PaPa fixed both appointment at the same day since both doctors are at the same building. But, Baby Chloe don't understand at all, every time I get really hungry when it's my turn to see Dr. Patrick. Same goes today, Dr. Patrick saw me crying when I enter his room. I guessed he must be thinking Baby Chloe is a naughty girl. MaMa, please tell Dr. Patrick that Baby Chloe is not naughty, she was just hungry.

The nurse at Dr. Patrick's clinic checked my weights and length. Baby Chloe weighs 4.85kilos and 53cm in length today. We were told Baby Chloe's weight is slightly above average and my length is also average. Dr. Patrick also confirmed that Yellowish or Greenish Stools are normal for Breastfed babies. Also, commented that my blocked nose is manageable and not a concern.

Dr. Patrick rocked me to stop me from crying and he also commented that Baby Chloe needs to be entertained all the times, probably because too many people carry her at home and I am used to being carried. Undeniable, I love the feeling of being held because I felt warm and loved. MaMa also complained to Dr. Patrick that I didn't sleep well at night which keeping MaMa awake throughout the nights for the whole one month. Luckily, Dr. Patrick is a very understanding man, he told MaMa that Baby Chloe needs time to adjust and recognise the differences of Days & Nights. *Phew* Finally, Someone stands up for me and not name Baby Chloe a Naughty Girl. I cannot distinguish what's morning and what's nights. I only know, MaMa always say Good Morning when the day is bright and shows me chirping birds. When the day turns dark, I will feel the Air-Cond and Music playing from the Stereo. Perhaps, that's the differences and I will learn it as soon as possible. Dr. Patrick also provided two suggestion to MaMa -
(1) Buy a Sarong and constantly rocked me to sleep : BABY CHLOE LOVES THIS OPTION!!!
(2) Start to train and change Baby Chloe's habit by placing Baby Chloe on the Cot and left me to cry. Do not jump into Baby Chloe immediately whenever Baby Chloe cries, give it one minutes or so before check on me. : BABY CHLOE DOESN'T LIKE THIS OPTION!!! :P

Baby Chloe had the Hepatitis B Injection today at my right thigh. It was a little painful and I cried. MaMa immediately hold me tightly and walked me around to calm me down. I was temporarily calmed, however, I couldn't suppressed my hunger any longer and blurted out loudly until MaMa went to the Breastfeeding Room to seek assistance from Ms. Lee, the Breastfeeding Expert. Ms. Lee fastened MaMa with her Nursing Pillow and placed Baby Chloe at the Football hold position, then she helped MaMa to make Baby Chloe latch on properly. I suckled as usual but MaMa said it was not painful and the position was right. MaMa, maybe you can try it again since PaPa already bought you a nursing pillow.

Ms. Lee also checked at Baby Chloe's tongue and noticed that I had the white stains on my tongue. Ms. Lee told MaMa to clean Baby's tongue every times before and after feed, otherwise MaMa's nipple will have a high possibility in developing fungus after breastfeed Baby Chloe. MaMa learned something new today again.

No comments: