August 26, 2011

Sardine Bun & Raisin Sweet Dough Bread


MaMa prepared the dough and shaped the bun last night, and refrigerated it overnight. So that PaPa and family can have the freshly bake buns for breakfast this morning. 


Sardine Bun.
PaPa complained, "I thought Homemade Buns supposed to have more fillings."
Hello, PaPa... It is not easy to wrap with so much fillings when you want a small bun! I tried to fill with more sardines at the beginning but then the dough broke apart and it broke further during proofing time. I need to learn a good dough technique FIRST, so that I can fill with more sardines next time. So, PaPa!! You better eat whatever I made as an encouragement so that I CAN BE BETTER day by day. :P Thank you "you" la. 


This is not a proper loaf of bread. I used the sweet dough attempting to form into a loaf. As you can see, it is unsuccessful. The sardine buns are meant for adult because of the chili, so I took out a portion of the dough and mix it with Jumbo Size Raisin. Then, I slitted the middle of each dough, added in some butter and sprinkled tiny bits of sugar for my darling Chloe & my baby Clarisse for breakfast. MaMa also refrigerated the dough and baked it this morning. Everyone gets to eat freshly baked bun and bread. :P


The texture of the sweet dough bun is extremely soft. MaMa had a little problem of slicing it, the bread tears easily even though I was using serrated bread knife.


"Thank you MaMa make Chloe Raisin Bread" Chloe said, when she saw me packing two slices of the raisin bread into a bag for her. Sweet! Better enjoy the moment now when she doesn't know how to complain like PaPa. :P Can't imagines all my girls starting to complain "MaMa, Not enough fillings." "MaMa, Not Fresh!" "MaMa, the bun is too big" "MaMa, the bun is not nice" "MaMa, why so sweet?" etc etc etc... I know all these are coming very soon because my girls are growing very fast, and they are also learning very well from PaPa too :P Notii!!!!

No comments: