August 18, 2011

Cheesecake



Yes, MaMa has been baking crazily. And Yes, I am addicted to BAKE~ (*even though it is not all the time nice!*)

This Peach Cheesecake is actually my second cheesecake of the week. Cheesecake is never been my favourite cake to bake because it tends to crack and sinks easily. Prior to this Peach Cheesecake, I actually baked Cherry Cheesecake, it was such a hit that I didn't have a chance to take a photo of it. Even my grandma loves it EXCEPT MY BROTHER, he said the cheesecake was too hard, and he preferred the soft cheesecake? *Huh? I don't really understand because Cheesecake is not my cup of tea, thus I can't really differentiate soft or hard texture.*

Anyway, My brother was craving for cheesecake and he purposely went to the supermarket bought back cream cheese, butter, digestive biscuits. So, I decided to bake it last night since my two lovely angels were both soundly asleep. Besides,it is a pleasure to bake.

I followed a different recipe from the Cherry Cheesecake because my brother said he wants a *soft* cheesecake. I reckon *soft* means I have to add in more creams i.e. whipping cream & sour cream and so I found this recipe with whipping cream & sour cream plus it is a easy 1 bowl batter, no hassle. 

It looks quite nice, no cracks, the surface of the cheesecake remains flat even when it is cooled (yeah, it didn't sink!!). The cheesecake was already set when I took it out from the oven but still a little wobbly. I waited till it is cooled down and I touched the cake gently, it felt cook and set to me! Then I sent the cake to the refrigerator as the recipe said I have to refrigerate it OVERNIGHT. 

This morning, the cake still standing firm just like the photos shown. I couldn't wait to taste it and I had a slice when I sent Chloe home from Vital Years. 

Unfortunately, I didn't like the cheesecake. :( My iphone was in the car, and I didn't take down the photo of my slice of cheesecake. It was so soft. I didn't like it. It felt so creamy and creamy and creamy (*** sorry, didn't know how to describe and all i know it felt CREAMY!).

I don't think I am going for a second slice anymore. At least the previous cake, I had 2 1/2 slices of it. This one, I would say "NO". 

The Cherry Cheesecake was nice and I love it. It wasn't sweet, the texture was not soft and I don't think it is hard either! No sour cream or whipping cream used. It had two tablespoon of cornflour which I think it was the cornflour which set the cheesecake firmly. I used 750grams Cream Cheese, 100grams Sugar, 2 TBSP Cornflour & 2 Eggs. Simply Bake it @ 160 Deg for 50 minutes.

This Peach Cheesecake used 750grams of Cream Cheese with 200ML SOUR CREAM & 180ML WHIPPING CREAM, 150grams of Sugar, 50ml of syrup, 4 eggs. Bake in Bain-Marie Style at 150 deg C for 45 minutes. The thought of it just make me feel Yeeeeeeeeewwwwww..... No more this sort of cheesecake!

I hope someone at home will accept this cheesecake, otherwise I am sure it will be sent to the bin. Oh No! I hate to WASTE, then I will have to gobble it up myself! :"( 

Let's pray. Hopefully, this is the *softness* that my brother is talking about and he can clean the tray for me. Please Please Please. 

No comments: