August 15, 2011

Meat Ball Bun - Pau




I "made an appointment" with my sister on Sunday Morning to make Pau. So, she said she wants to make Nikuman. My mum said my sister did this very well, and it is very Yummy ~ too. So, I thought before I explore into the very difficult project - Char Siew Pau, why not start with something that my sister did it before and I can learn from her. Nikuman means 肉子包 (simply Pork Bun in Japanese), and it consists of Dried Shrimps, Minced Pork & Dried Mushroom. 

But due to the misunderstanding, my sister did not appeared in our appointment.  Kakaka.... 

Well, I proceeded with the other recipe and improvise a little with the prepared ingredients - dried shrimps, minced pork & dried mushroom. Guess what? 

"How come you put salted fish in your Pau?" My dad asked

"Why make salted fish Pau? and not Char Siew Pau? " My Hubby asked

It is not so bad for my first Meat Pau. I just need to omit the dried shrimp for my next project or I can reduce the dried shrimps as my sister said she used like ONE TEASPOON for her pau and I used one hand's full. Hahahaha..... 

No comments: