January 14, 2009

When to feed Baby water?

As mentioned, Baby Chloe is having rashes on her head, cheek, neck & ear. I am very very worried and keep asking around from experienced mothers since my pediatricians only suggested me to apply Seba Med Facial Cream which doesn't seem to work. Apparently, mothers whom I know do not go through what I am going through now. Their babies do not have any rashes like Baby Chloe's. So how???
My nervousness is very much obvious that my Granny came into the picture and blame me for not giving her water which resulted the rashes. I was very against giving water to my baby because breastmilk contains 80% of water. Therefore, pediatricians do not recommend to feed baby water until they are 6 months old. Babies have small stomach and instead of feeding her water, why not feed her with more nutrient liquid which also contain water i.e. Breastmilk & Formula. Furthermore, I read from Baby Center that excessive water may be dangerous to baby whereby it develop something called water intoxication??.. But anyway, by looking at Baby Chloe's condition, I have no choice but to feed her a little water, hoping to clear her "heatiness" and make her rashes go away.
*Sigh* Was I too stubborn of not feeding Baby Chloe water? If I have fed her water from the start, would she get all these rashes that she is having now? Maybe Yes, Maybe Not.
Gosh.. Baby Chloe, please get well soon. I can't bear to see your rashes that seems to bother you even though you are not complaining. Hopefully, it doesn't cause itchiness and uneasiness to you. Mama is sorry la.

No comments: