January 20, 2009

Lack of Sleep

I could never imagine myself not having enough sleep before Chloe's birth. I would rather sacrifice my breakfast, lunch & dinner for my sleep. The old ME who did not get enough sleep would become very grumpy, angry, inpatient, rude and unfriendly. The current ME who did not get enough sleep becomes worried and sad. If I am not getting enough sleep, Baby Chloe probably won't get the sleep too. Or should I put it the other way round. LOL.

Baby Chloe is getting better now. She doesn't jerk as much anymore and she could sleep in the night except waking up every two hours for feed, which means I am now able to get total of 2 - 3 hours sleep in the night. She usually wakes up at 11pm for feed then get back to sleep at 12midnight, then wakes up again at 1am and back to sleep at 2am, and then wakes up again at 3am and back to sleep at 4....something like that.

I am going back to work in two weeks times and up to now I am not sure how can i cope with this sleeping pattern and back to work punctually. By looking at my hubby, he has not been punctual for 2 months already. Poor hubby.

Sigh, plus due to the long period of sleepless nights, I have developed a ring of deep dark eye circles. Shit... Sometimes, the dark eye circles seems a little red. Last night, I started to use teabag to sooth the puffiness and dark eye circles. Of course, I did it ONCE only and the result is not visible yet. I will try again and again. The problem with me is that when Baby Chloe sleeps in the day, I just couldn't get myself doze off in the day time. I tried laying down with my eye closed for an hour and I am still so awake. Sigh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha i have dark circles too. My way instantly getting rid of them is putting concealer, lots of it. But of course the downside is that it makes my wrinkles look more obvious. Just me la...cause i already have fine lines.

great hearing chloe's sleeping though.