October 14, 2013

Thai Fish Farm in Ampang

I have a group of eating friends and we called ourselves the BKK Group. Hahaha....  Once in a while, the "organizer" will plan for an eating out gathering. This round the "Organizer" has introduced us to this "secretive" restaurant located at one of the secluded area in Ampang. Well, to be exact, this restaurant is not as "secretive" as it seems because it was actually publicized through a TV program called "Ho Chiak" long time ago, according to a friend. I was intrigued by the "secretive" location and the Village-Style Restaurant, certainly looking forwards to have a scrumptious seafood treat. 

It is called the Fish Farm Thai Restaurant, located in Jalan Ampang, Hulu Langat. We arrived there before 7pm, and the restaurant was already congested with hungry customers waiting to be served. 




Yes, there was a stage set standing by itself; away from the dining platform, providing entertainment to customers. Special request for Birthday Song are available, the saxophonist and a "singer" aka "waitress" will present a birthday song at the table.


The first thing that attracts you upon your arrival is the Barbecue Station as the fragrance is like a bait, never fail to hook every single customer's scent.
The BBQ Salted Talapia Corner which captures every customer's attention.


This is one of the Signature dish - Thai Style BBQ Talapia
It is a dish in which the fish was heavy coated with salt before BBQ.
A friend called it 雪山飞狐- XU SHAN FEI WU - Don't ask me why?
I didn't ask further, all I know is this is how they ordered.


Grilled Gigantic Crab
This GIGANTIC crab cost approx RM150/kg. It is almost the size of Big C's face or even close to MY FACE size. It's huge! This crab probably cost about RM150.


~~~ The aroma of FRESHNESS is just irresistible ~~~
It is a must try for my revisit, which will be SOON hopefully. 


Stir Fry Coconut Flower with Prawn.
This dish is ordinarily good, I especially like the crunchy texture of the Coconut Flower. Yes, this will be in my order for my next visit.


Seafood Tom Yam
Nothing to shout about, I won't say it is superbly good but is ok.


Thai Steam Tiger Grouper
The fish is very very very fresh, the cooking style is moderate, it is not too sour nor too spicy. But I would order it with plain light soy sauce in order to accentuate on the freshness. This fish is not cheap, but I guess it is according to market price.


The signature Thai Style BBQ Talapia
Surprisingly, for a Talapia, the fish has proved its freshness through its juicy flesh with no soil smell. The flesh is not mushy and it is very very fresh. 


BBQ Mutton
Ooohhh... I'm not a LAMB person, but occasionally I will TRY if the MUTTON smell is bearable. So, this is one of the Mutton dish that I am willing to have a second "piece". It didn't have the strong Mutton Smell but you can taste the succulent Mutton texture with a mild sensation of MUTTON. Hahaha.. 


Deep Fried Spinach
I was fascinated by the picture on the menu when I see this dish. I have tried Deep Fried Kailan before but not Deep fried spinach. Something special but not exactly my preference. It is rather oily towards the end; the crunchiness is very appealing at the beginning though.


Our highlight of the Eatout - Deep Fried Mantis Prawn
Again, I have nothing to complain on the taste. It is good.
Especially when you ask me about the FRESHNESS, I would give TWO THUMBS up! It's fresh and juicy. Lip-Smacking Dish!


Deep Fried Salted Egg Sotong/Squid
Hmmm~~ I wouldn't say it is fantastic but again it is good with its freshness.

Overall, our bill came up to RM360 for 6 pax. 1/3 of the bill went to the Tiger Grouper, RM8 for each Mantis Prawn. The rest are reasonably priced, maybe ranging from RM15 - RM20.

It is already my plan for a revisit with my children and family EVEN before I left the Restaurant. I like the freshness that it serves. It seems that the restaurant rear their own fish as its name implied, also they have their own vegetable farm and poultry farm for the restaurant and for sales too. I am quite sure the children will love this place, it is definitely a family joint to spend a good treat of Lunch or Dinner. Yum Yum ~~ Mouthwatering already ~~ Can't wait to bring my Cs here!!! You know what? I know what I want to order for my revisit already!!!!!! This is how excited I am!!!! 

No comments: