June 24, 2012

Toilet Training - Darling Clarisse

It seems like yesterday when MaMa needed to bend down to change Clarisse's nappy, before I know it, Clarisse is already showing signs of her readiness to wave bye-bye to "MamyPoko". PaPa is getting ready to save some $$$ for diapers gradually (*but a bigger chunk is coming - like EDUCATION!* Hahaha).

Since months ago, Clarisse always asked for "Shh Shh" (our kiddy way to inform us she needs to urine) or "Mm Mm" (pass motion/defecate) when she had the urgency.

I was always doubtful how genuine for all these calls. I have TWO girls, and when it comes to nature's calls, I am the only ONE who can bring them to the toilet. By "COINCIDENCES", they tend to have the same URGENCY at the same time. (Are you girls TWINS? NO? Not that I KNOW!). WORSE, always during our mealtime in the restaurant. Guess they were probably too bored sitting down doing nothing, needed excuses in which MaMa is willing to succumb to it. For I do not want them to develop the habit of moving about during MY mealtime. 

Ya, I don't usually turn down their requests when it comes to nature's call. I want them to know that one has to urine/pass motion in the toilet, which is the rightest thing to do, just like grown-ups. I always praise them after they had done their urgencies. Why AFTER? the praise is only applicable for genuine calls.  

Take for example of yesterday's incident. We were shopping in KLCC. Clarisse asked for "Shh Shh" numerous time, EXCEPTIONALLY I told Clarisse to "Shh Shh" on her diaper quietly. MaMa was not lazy but I was very concerned if I could leave Chloe and my granny to my mother alone. Clarisse didn't stop asking for "shh shh" and I felt terribly guilty if I insisted her to urine on her diaper. In the end, I brought my granny along to the toilet with us. 

When I pulled down Clarisse's diaper. It was still dry and clean. I quickly seated her and she urinated for close to a minute or perhaps more. Poor girl!!! She must had hold it for a long time. Geezzz..this is making me feel even worse. Anyway, I apologized to Clarisse and gave her a BIG PRAISE by kissing her cheek and applauded to her GOOD job in front of Grandma (My Mom) and Jie Jie Chloe. 

She adored the PRAISES, and also gave herself a clap with a great big smile. :P

She is still on diaper for her sleep, but not during the day. She is now wearing her favourite Dora Undies everyday. According to Kakak, Clarisse always informs Kakak whenever she needs to go "shh shh". However, there are times that she couldn't hold it and did it before she could reach the toilet. She is only 22 months. Come on! To me, Clarisse is doing a terrific job. (This is Mom's utmost privilege to be bias and indulge in "MY KID IS THE SMARTEST! MY KID IS THE BEST" moment!)

No comments: