June 18, 2012

Poor Eating Habit!!!!!!

Yes, I have recently changed my princesses' staples to Organic Brown Rice. I didn't introduce it earlier despite my FIL's constant naggings, for I thought it was a little hard to digest for young children. Anyhow, it is still not too late to introduce BROWN RICE to them, cause I have to agree that Brown Rice is a better staples choice for my children.

I got this local grown Organic Brown Rice from B.I.G. last week which cost me RM 5.00 for 500gram in a small packet since their appetite for rice is not much. Immediately, we started feeding them with Brown Rice. 

My grandma complained to me on the Low Quality of the Brown Rice that I bought, seeing that Chloe's eating habit is a little out of control, which is spitting out food from her mouth!!! I tasted the brown rice myself, its taste is absolutely fine, and KaKak did a good job by soaking the brown rice before she send the rice for a steam. YES, I am not using rice cooker. Since it's a small amount, I told my maid to steam it! The brown rice turns out better than the normal white rice that we consume daily! The texture is as good as the white rice. Perfect!

I usually set their daily menu the night before so that Kakak would know what to prepare for their lunch and dinner. 

Last Wednesday's Menu was :-
1) Meat Ball Soup with Foo Chouk
2) Stir Fried Asparagus with Carrot & Button Mushroom
3) Fried Salmon
4) Steam Eggs

I arrived home 5.20pm that day as I need to pick up Chloe for her BaoBei class @6pm. I knew that we are going to be late as Kakak just took out her dinner from the kitchen to her little dining table.

So, I thought I could speed up the mealtime a little by feeding her personally, so that she would not wander away from her dinner and play with her little sister. 

That's how I lost control of my anger! Remember how I mentioned earlier on how I was trained by PaPa to manage my anger better? Guess what? It can be ruined just a split second with a little help from Chloe. Argghhhh...Even though it was last thursday's incident, and it can still make my blood boils up!!!! Argghhhh!!! 

Yes, I started feeding her at 5.20pm. The first spoon went into her mouth (rice, a little salmon flakes and asparagus), and it came out straight. She told me that she didn't like the Salmon. Well, it was not her first meal with SALMON. We have salmon every week, and she is totally fine with salmon. OK? Fine! I scrapped out the Salmon, and 2nd spoon filled with rice, steam eggs. Guess what? She didn't spit out! She hold the food in her mouth for 5 mins, and I was getting a little impatience and it's absolutely beyond what I can control.


"Swallow!" I exclaimed with the loud slammed down with the table. 


For sure the sudden bang from the table startled Chloe, her tears rushed down like waterfall.


"NOW!" I yelled FURIOUSLY. 


Despite my anger, the "second" spoon of rice is still lingering in her mouth!!!!


I made her forced down a few spoons of soup so that she could push down the rest of the food in her mouth.


Then, I carried on with the third spoon which filled with rice and salmon. She immediately spat them out from her mouth. 


I screamed in exasperation, "CHLOE, GO INTO THE ROOM. STAY THERE ALONE!"


"I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE TO WASTE FOOD!" I roared.


I knew locking her in the room at that time is not possible because we need to rush for 6.00pm's BaoBei.


All I could do at the moment is being ANGRY at a crying girl! 


Time is running out.


"DON'T EAT!" I shouted, "GET CHANGED AND LET'S GO, NOW!"


"WE ARE SO LATE!"


I stomped out of the house MYSELF, and told KaKak to send her to the car.


On the way to BaoBei, her mouth was still filled with food (*Ya, I pushed in another spoonful of rice and steam egg after she spat out!). She didn't stop provoking me further. I ordered her to gulp down her food right away. I had no idea what was up with her! She was not listening to my order and pretended to chew!


Honestly, I was already out of my mind. I kept on screaming, commanding her to swallow her food down. 


"MaMa~, Why YOU like that?" and she dared to ask me why was I acting crazily! How could I explain to her she had crossed beyond my anger range!


Anyhow, having heard how Chloe responded with my anger. I had my anger controlled after a few deep breaths.


On the journey to BaoBei, I continued to explain to her why was I angry and screaming.


"Do you know why MaMa is so angry at Chloe? Do you know why MaMa screamed at Chloe?" I raised the question to her, somehow I felt she intentionally provoked me from the beginning.


She responded by nodding her head and her innocent watery eyes. ARGGHHHH........


"Because Chloe is Naughty! Because Chloe spit out the food! I don't like Chloe wasting food! Because I told you to swallow you food and you didn't follow my instruction. Chloe is naughty." MaMa answered to make sure Chloe knows why I was angry!


She continued to nod her head without saying a word.


"So! Is Chloe naughty to make MaMa angry?"


"Yes." again, she nodded, at least with a YES.


"Do you want to spit out your food again?"


She shook her head, "No, MaMa!"


"Are you gonna waste your food again?"


"No" Chloe replied


"Are you gonna say sorry to MaMa for making MaMa angry?"


"Sorry, MaMa." Chloe apologized. 


*sigh* 


I am a nag! So, I kept on repeating my reasonings until we reached BaoBei!


So, what happened to her dinner? After I fetched her from BaoBei, I nagged and I nagged. I repeated the incident again and again. I told her that she will go home and take her dinner.


"Salmon will make you clever, make you smart!" I told Chloe
"Vegetable will make you pretty!" I continued
"Good food will make you healthy."


"MaMa, Chloe is a good girl. I am clever and I am pretty. I eat Salmon and carrots and vege and soup and salmon and vege and carrot..." Chloe said


Well, true enough. I made her sat besides me and we had dinner together. PaPa was there too. She ate the salmon, she ate the asparagus and carrots, she drank the soup, she ate the BROWN RICE.


Most probably, she was throwing tantrum at that time! Gosh!!!!!!

No comments: