June 15, 2012

Learning Chinese from BaoBei


马 - Ma ~ Horse
妹妹 - MeiMei ~ Little Sister
白 - Bai ~ White
爷爷 - YeYe ~ Grandpa
猫 - Mao ~ Cat
老师 - LaoShi ~ Teacher
爸爸 - BaBa ~ Father
妈妈 - MaMa ~ Mother

MaMa unsparingly criticized the pronunciation of the BaoBei's Teacher at this particular center last week, undoubtedly, I must admit that their system works effectively. As their center's name suggested, BaoBei Reading Wonderland (宝贝阅读天地), they concentrate on teaching the children how to recognize the words and read them out loud. Since it's only total of 6 lessons attended, I am not sure if they will teach them the meaning of the words, or purely RECOGNIZING. 

These are the cards that were brought home, which also means that Chloe can already RECOGNIZE and READ these words out loud. Well, since it's only PaPa, MaMa, LaoShi, YehYeh, MeiMei, I guess Chloe should be able to understand the meaning of these words effortlessly. 

For now, I am Happy with the result but it is not stopping me to look for a better learning center for Chloe. I want her to read, write and understands it. I want to make sure she will enter primary with ease and not stress which will end deter her interest of learning. 

No comments: