June 6, 2012

Clingy or Still Baby

As I had mentioned many many times how I perceived Clarisse as an independent and fearless little girl as compared to her Jie Jie Chloe. Perhaps I should also confess that I have a higher expectation from Clarisse, whereby I expect Clarisse to overtake her Jie Jie Chloe in most aspects as MaMa has distinguished her as the bold and adventurous girl. I believe inquisitive with a risk-taking personality will help one advance to the next level quicker. Hahaha...for all your know, MaMa could be wrong with my own judgement. OR the possibility of imposing such high expectation at such young age? Could be the timing? Could be my wrong judgement? Could be my eagerness of having Clarisse behaves independently just like her age 4's Jie Jie when she is only age 2 so that I can gain some more "MaMa time" for myself?

Geezz.. Anyway, MaMa needs to emphasize that there is nothing wrong with both my girls. They are absolutely fine. Why I brought this up because MaMa was trying very hard to find a center or a nursery for a drop off session for Clarisse. MaMa must have been overindulging with Chloe's drop-off sessions. MaMa loves drop-off sessions. I drop and I shop. Yeah. NOTTI MaMa.

Anyway, I tried sending Clarisse and Chloe for an hour Art Workshop last Saturday. Naturally, there won't be any issue with a drop-off for Chloe. Therefore, MaMa was planning where to go have TEA with Abigail's mom who also dropped off her daughter at the Art Workshop. 
 
Stage 1 : Clarisse entered the Workshop calmly together with her two Jie Jie Chloe & Abigail. 

Stage 2 : She sat quietly while waiting for the Art Teacher to arrive. As usual, she displayed her "coolness" on her face. At that moment, MaMa believed that everything is under control.

Stage 3 : Teacher arrived. Everyone put on the Art Apron except Clarisse. She continued to put on her "coolness" and refused to put on the Art Apron. Well, Delphine, the Art Teacher, did not forced her and told me that the paint is washable. Anyway, both girls are prepared with "art" (a.k.a. can be dirtied like those really old and less expensive one) attire. 

Stage 4 : Everything is looking good including Clarisse because she went on to pick up a color as instructed by Delphine. She began to paint the mask, brushing the YELLOW everywhere including the table where there is no sight of mask.

Stage 5 : MaMa was attracted to stay back as I can actually view the whole process of the class which I never get to do so for all other classes that I sent them too, for instance Ballet,Nursery, Vital Year etc etc. There was one moment, I walked less than 5m away from Clarisse's sight, to the counter to find out more about the Workshop Packages, I heard a cry. *Sigh* Clarisse was looking for MaMa. From that moment, Clarisse lost interest and concentration in the work that she do and made sure that I am out of her sight. To the extent that she ordered me to stay besides her to work on her Mask. 

Stage 6 : It was a NO drop-off session. Clarisse was so clingy that she couldn't even bear to have me 1m away from her, even though she could see me from her workshop. She wanted me to stick to her really CLOSE.

This does not make me give up the idea of drop-off though. Hahaha..I am going to try and try and try again. It's not going to an instantaneous kind of outcome I know. MaMa believes with numerous try outs and getting her familiar with the environment and instill her with a good interest of what she is doing will soon help MaMa to reach my goal of freedom and of course ultimately helps them to be someone independent!

1 comment:

nurserysessionsfees said...

Looks like Clarisse had a lot of fun. Really young age is the best age in a person's life as you are carefree and nothing to worry about.