June 11, 2012

Something about Shichida

2 more Sundays to go, and there goes our first term with Shichida. How effective is it? After a total of 9 hours (minus 1hr for Chloe's Sport Carnival) classes attended, PaPa is still greatly in doubt why is he paying so much for such classes which require him to wake up early on every sundays and no major improvements seen in his girls.

Well, the truth is I am not seeing any positive effects YET. However, please bear in mind that this is a Right Brain Training Center, no Magical Center, or Miracle Center to turn things around overnight. In fact, I was told earlier on that we must carry on with Home Practice everyday to make Shichida Method "efficiently effective". 

Shichida seems more valuable to me as a mother. Shichida actually wakes up my inner soul and brings to my attention that I have been slacking and not doing enough for girls on their development in terms of education. Hahaha..wow, it sounded really serious. Indeed, I want to push my girls a little in terms on their learning path, but I am not that harsh. I will not give my girls a chance to portray me as a tyrannical and unloving mother. :P My ultimacy is to make them learn with loves and funs. I will keep pushing until the girls exhibit the slightest discontentment. Hiyah... they are still babies! I am not even doing anything to them yet. So much philosophies expressed with no actions carried out is meaningless. SOMEMORE, at this stage. I have been receiving so much COMPLAINS from PaPa, my parents, my parents-in-law, and others that I am stressing my girls out!!! Give me a break, I have not started YET!

Wow, MaMa is amazing. I used 2 lines to point out my "sluggishness" as a mother. Then, I utilized the rest of the writing to MAKE EXCUSES to make me so saintly. :P 

Ok. Let's come back to Shichida.

Shichida makes me realise that I can do more my children in terms of their learning path. Last weeks, we were given a chart which generally track their development. As for Clarisse, I am not so worried. Generally, her chart is looking good for her age. As long as I continue to guide her with some Home Activities, she should be able to cope it on par with the chart's expectation.

Unfortunately and expectedly, Chloe's chart reveals that Chloe is behind the Shichida's expectation in terms of her development. I must again reiterate myself, there is nothing wrong with Chloe's intelligence. Chloe's Sensei (teacher) has confirmed that the chart is actually ahead of the normal children's development. Shichida is trying to force the children's inner ability to excel at young age...haha...in another words, Shichida is frantically trying to produce geniuses. :P

Anyway, because of Shichida and P&J as well, I am making effort to do some home practice at home. Perhaps practice is not a good word, but I am trying to say is that I will spend half an hour with TWO girls (which crazily impossible to accomplish much) to read some picture books, make Chloe write a little, starting with numbers 1, 2, 3... Shichida Worksheets, little puzzle games. 

Time is my enemy, it is never enough for anything! Gosh. I reached home around 8.30pm every night for gym. Then I will start working on these activities that I mentioned for half an hour or more. If time is permitted, I will do more. Imagine for two girls.... so I usually sacrifice Clarisse's time a little. Clarisse is still young so she has less one-to-one time. I tried to make it a group learning mostly, like readings and puzzles games.

I have started these activities weeks ago, and my girls love it. Everytime I arrive right at the door step, even before i removed my shoes, my girls rushed towards my direction and screamed excitedly "MaMa, let's do Shichida!" Well, these responses are making me to re-consider to be a stay-home mom. I have been squeezing my brain juice on how I can perfectly plan adequate QUALITY & FUN activities for my girls and how I can get a part time job with incomes and more times for my girls. 

HEY, Stay-at-home MOMMY, and PART-TIMER MOMMY, I want to tell you all that I envy your freedom!!!! But I salute your sacrifices and dedications!!!!! It's amazing how you all make it happens for your kids. 

No comments: