June 8, 2011

Hooray for Darling Chloe

Chloe was coughing for the past whole week, especially in the night. We didn't bring her to the clinic as we thought Doctor will still prescribe the same medication since medicines & antibiotics are not encouraged for babies & toddlers. Especially I heard from Chloe's pediatrician that many cough medications for babies & toddlers under 2 years old is banned in many countries, it is said that it has a life threatening side effect (BUT IN RARE CASES) due to dosage issue. 

Anyway, Chloe couldn't sleep well because of her cough. It was a dry cough that probably caused by the itchiness of her throat so Mama fed the cough suppressant (Brand : AXAL??!! *Don't remember) that  Chloe's pediatrics prescribed the last time she had cough & cold. 

Last Saturday, when I fed her the cough syrup, she spitted all out and cried. Then, Sunday, I tried to feed her again and she totally rejected it. My mum attempted to press her down and ask me to force feed her but I refused. I told my mum to let her go and Mama decided not to feed her the medicine since her cough is not very severe. 

Monday night, Chloe was still coughing in the night. So, I asked her whether she wanted the medicine. She happily said OK. I thought why not give it a try again (even though I expected her to spit it all out again.)

So, both of us went to the kitchen. Just Mama & Chloe. Mama prepared a cup of warm water for Chloe, and she cheerfully seated herself on the Stool while waiting for Mama to spoon feed her the medicine. Mama poured a full teaspoon of the cough syrup, and before Mama feed Chloe the medicine.....

Mama : Chloe, You're a good girl.

Chloe : Yes

Mama : Are you ready for your cough medicine

Chloe : Yes. Mama feed Chloe Medicine.

Mama : Ok. Immediately the Medicine, Chloe drinks lot of water and don't spit it out, ok?

Chloe : Yes, Chloe *eat* medicine

Mama fed Chloe the teaspoon full of cough syrup and Chloe didn't spit it out. Immediately, I encouraged her to drink some water to help her gulp down the cough syrup. Mama was pleased and praised Chloe immediately for being such a good girl. 

Mama : Oh. Chloe is Mama's good girl. ** Followed by a great big KISS ..MUAKZ **

Chloe : Mama. Clarisse's turn. Mama feed Clarisse Medicine also.
*** Hehehe.... everytime I feed Chloe Cod Liver Oil, I will feed Clarisse a little too, so she thought it goes the same for MEDICINE ***

Anyway, HOORAY to you, My Darling Chloe. Get well soon.

No comments: