June 29, 2011

2nd Day at Vital Years

Chloe woke up a little grumpy this morning, I guess she is missing her bed a lot. Especially when the maid told me that she didn't sleep for the whole day after she came back from "school". 

Anyway, we spent  a little time to settle her down as she refused to wee wee, refused to drink, refused to tie her hair. But, somehow my mum got her changed into a denim dress. She was indeed very sleepy as she showed no interest in her favorite Hot Chocolate Drink. We only managed to put her into her highchair after a session of TLC (Tender Loving Care) and made her have a little bite at her toast and a few sips of Hot Chocolate. 

Chloe was a little sulky still before we left home. Nevertheless, she was very enthusiastic about going to "school". Chloe waved bye to her sister, Baby Clarisse. Next, she waved bye to everyone at home, and said, "Chloe is going to school now. Bye Bye" It was such a pleasure to actually know that my daughter enjoys "schooling". An Independent Girl. She was certainly tired, because she was not as talkative as yesterday and she spoke in very soft tone when Mama tried to talk to her about her friends on our way to the centre.

We arrived at 9.00am sharp and it was pouring heavily. So, I thought why not let Chloe rest in the car for a while before I sent her up to the centre (1st floor of a shop lot). 

"Mama, Go Upstair" Chloe said to Mama and pointed at the centre at the 1st floor. 

Okay, she was so eager to attend the class, I should not keep her here in the car. Therefore, I sent her up earlier and Mama saw a swift change in Chloe's face that her eyes were no longer droopy, and she was instantaneously a happy school child attending her class. 

At 11.50am, Mama went to pick up Chloe. She was still showing Mama and her teachers the energetic side of hers. Before she left, she said thank you to her teachers and waved bye bye to everyone at the door. Ms. Chan briefly told me that Chloe did not cry but she asked for Mama today, and Chloe also told teachers that she wants to go home. But no crying. Ms. Chan also told me that she dropped most of her biscuits so Chloe only had the remaining which she did not elaborate much. Anyway, the snack time is to train them to eat and drink themselves, and to wash their hands before and after meal. So, I guess the amount of food (especially snack in this case) is not very significant. I find Vital Years mainly concentrate on how to train children how to read and write, but not much of the concentration on their behaviour, because they did not really give much of the feedback about Chloe until I ask them. Anyway, this is just a stepping stone, Mama shall find out a proper "school" for Chloe soon. 

Chloe grabbed and hugged Mama tightly when I picked her up, and she rested her heavy head onto my shoulder. 

On the way home, while Mama was driving, Chloe was seated on her car seat quietly. I tried to keep her awake by talking to her and she replied in a whisper. She was like at the reset mode, back to the sleepy Chloe. Mama even tried to lure her with my iphone, she thanked Mama when Mama handed Chloe my iphone. She was scrolling the Apps for a while, then scrolling those photos from the Album. Before I could say much, she was already asleep on her car seat. 

Initially, I thought to let her have her lunch and take a bath before her nap. I guess in this case, we have to go with Plan B instead. Mama carried Chloe to her bed, had her denim dress removed, wiped her face, hands & feet while she was lying down asleep. The new plan now is to let Chloe naps first, then lunch later. I didn't want her to have a late lunch because it will also eventually delay her dinner time also. I want to keep her lunch before 1pm and dinner before 7pm. However, we have to be flexible. If I insist to wake up her and have her lunch first, I don't think she can eat much and I will stress her much. Perhaps, I should be a little lenient for now. Let's adjust it back when she is all ready, in no time I believe. 

Again, another thumbs up for Chloe, my darling.

No comments: