June 28, 2011

Finally to "school"

Yeah, I've finally sent Chloe for "school". Well, it's not really nursery or kindergarten, it is a language learning centre for toddlers and children - Vital Years.

It was an impulsive decision. I was complaining on not having enough time to google on the nursery for Chloe. I heard from my friend about vital years and boa bei wonderland, both are language learning centre, obviously vital years is teaching english and baobei is teaching in mandarin. Well, I made a call last week and checked out their schedules, no. Of kids in a class, teacher to student ratio, fees and etc.

Both are 5 days a week, baobei is 1.1/2 hrs whereas vital years is 2.1/2hrs. Vital is charging RM350 per month while Baobei is charging RM400+ per month. Teacher student ratio for both is 1:6. Location wise, they are located at my preferred region. (my prefer/ more convenient location). So, I was unsure whether to go ahead or not last week.

Yesterday, after I sent Chloe home from the clinic, I thought since I am out, why not spend 15mins to Check out vital years. Why vital years and not baobei? One of the reason is I don't know where is baobei located. So, for convenient sake, I just popped into vital years.

Anyway, after a 10mins explanation from Ms. Chan, the in charge person, I've impulsively decided on vital years and I insisted to start immediately which is TODAY. Dr. Patrick recommended to send Chkoe for classes and socialize with more kids to help her train up her confidence level. Further to that, I know if I said "I'll think about it," and I'm pretty sure that I'll take forever to decide.

Also, the class timing is just right for mama. Mama can drop Chloe at the centre at 9.30am, then go back to work which is 5mins away. Mama will then pick Chloe up at 12.00noon and send her home and back to work again. Perfect timing.

After a deep thought, I think I've made a brilliant move. Haha... I should start Chloe with English speaking environment first, and allow her to adapt to "schooling". When Chloe is ready to adapt in the school environment, then that's the time that mama would introduce a new language to her.

I was excited about my decision and I told everyone that "My baby is going to attend her first class tomorrow!". At the same time, I am like an ant on a hot pan, nervous about her first day in class without mama or papa. The centre strictly does not allow any parents' presence when the class is commencing.

I could not work properly the whole day because I was thinking about how Chloe could cope with the new environment without mama around. I was nervous and worried that I might also cry when I see Chloe cries tomorrow. Oh my god, I can't stop thinking about it. Those letters on my documents were flying up and down, I totally could not read them at all. I was totally distracted! I called my friends to seek advice and I told my mum about my worries. My friend told me to be prepared to see Chloe cries, because both her sons cried. She told me that she tear too, especially when her son was crying for mummy. Gosh.... How how how? But I know, I have to go throught this stage now or later. I told myself," show Chloe a good example, don't cry and think positively. Don't transmit negative energy to my daughter."

So so so looking forwards to chloe's first day at "school". Geez.. Nervous.

No comments: