February 3, 2009

Prayer's Night - "Bai Tin Gong" - 9th Day of CNY

Baby Chloe started crying for hunger at about 10.10pm. She was very frustrated and impatient, so I told my maid to give her 1oz of expressed milk while I was adjusting the mixture of Infant Formula. Right after the 1oz feed, my maid handed Baby Chloe over to me so that I could continue the feed with the new bottle of Infant Formula. However, Baby Chloe refused to drink it. Worrying that Baby Chloe might vomit if I forced it too much therefore I decided to stop there and waited for her to cry for hunger again.
We started playing with Baby Chloe, we talked to her, she responded with coo coo, ge ge, a a and of course the most beautiful smile :P. I also put her on her tummy, and realised that she is getting stronger each day. She managed to lift up her head with a good control of strength. Baby Chloe also turned her body herself with some strength from her left arms and pushed herself back to her normal lying position. Then, I tried again putting her on her stomach while talking to her. She lifted up her head easily and turned herself on her comfortable lying on her back position.
At about 11.30pm, she started to make noise again. Hubby quickly got ready the Infant Formula milk and started feeding her at 11.3opm. Baby Chloe did not finish the full 4oz, she had only 3oz. After that, we changed her soiled diaper and quickly put her to sleep before the prayer start at 12midnight. (9th Day of CNY - Bai Tin Gong - usually is a Hokkien Traditional Ritual to pray for prosperity). Unfortunately, fire crackers were everywhere. With the Blak Blak Blak Blak, Pong Pong Pong Pong "BOOM" continuously released until almost 1am, Baby Chloe did not want to sleep after the feed but was attracted by the noise of the fire crackers. It was the very first time that I think Fire Cracker is NOT BEAUTIFUL and INFACT it was annoying and unromantic at all. Stupid Fire Cracker disturb my Baby Chloe from her sleep.
Baby Chloe finally slept at 1am, and *sigh* woke up at 4am. I thought "shit, I messed it up but how?" I was too tired to get up to heat up any milk, without thinking much I breastfed Baby Chloe with a lying down position, hoping that I can get better rest. Baby Chloe was still crying after the feed, then only I realised that she was crying for her soiled diaper not hunger. Arggghhhh....... and I took 45 mins to realise it. After I changed her, I put her to sleep at 4am. TIRED~~~!!! Then, she woke up at 6.30am again for her feed. *Phew*
Tired, Tired, Tired. Now is 6.55am, while PaPa is resting, MaMa is doing her routine duty to ensure Baby Chloe's milk supply. After that, I have to get myself ready and back to work again. Going back to work is not as difficult as I thought. Infact, I love getting back to work. I felt a sense of achievement? fulfilling? as my time was fully occupied doing a lot of works. I thought I would miss Baby Chloe so much that I would call home every hour to check her out. Haha, I only called home twice yesterday. Maybe, the very first day of work, too much pending issues that I need to settle which occupied most of my time.
Time to get ready for work!

No comments: