February 13, 2009

2 1/2 month now

Baby Chloe is 2 1/2 month now. She is 6.4kg and length ??? Papa's fault. He didn't ask the nurse yesterday when she was measuring her length. Anyway, Dr. Patrick told us that her weight is above average and her length is average. Baby Chloe had a 3 in 1 jab and Rotovirus yesterday, I expected her to cry vigorously, that's why i prepared a pacifier, but she didn't really cry much except for the moment when Dr. Patrick jab her (say like less than 10 seconds?). Baby Chloe is a very good girl!!


This time round, I prepared myself with all the questions that I had to ask Dr. Patrick:-

1) Baby vomitted yellowish substance
Answer : It is okay & normal. Maybe caused by oily food taken by Mama which had passed it to baby.


2) Baby sometimes vomit in a projecting way
Answer : If it's not frequent, and most probably is due to being fed too much when she's not hungry.


3) Baby's rashes
Answer : It's normal. Apply Baby Oil or cream. It will disappear in a year time.

4) Baby's stomach got wind
Answer : If Baby Chloe didn't cry for stomachache then it's normal. It is very normal for baby to pass air (farting) frequently


5) Less Bowel
Answer : As Baby Chloe grows, the number of bowels should reduce to 2 - 3 times a day.


6) Blocked Nose
Answer : Normal for Babies. Especially when both parents had allery background Plus smoking papa & wow wow at home, blocked nose is very common. Dr. Patrick told us unless we migrate to a country with better air condition, then it might treat baby's blocked nose.


7) Sweaty palms & foot
Answer : Normal


8) Belly Button is dark
Answer : It is most probably pigmentation. Nothing much that we can do.


I do not know how to explain the feeling of this Doctor visit - unsatisfied? not informative?

It is like Dr. Patrick just answered my questions very briefly and again it seems to me that as long as it is not life threatening, then baby is fine. Perhaps, I have read about the development of babies through baby center and thus it makes Dr. Patrick not so informative. He didn't really ask me a lot of quetions about baby's development. For instance, her feeding pattern. Maybe he thinks is not neccessary since baby's weight is above average. But, what if I overfed baby chloe when I am not supposed to? And he didn't ask about baby's sleeping pattern, he didn't ask about her languauge development etc etc... He didn't really tell me at this age, what are the changes and development that I should notice. Nothing!!! Maybe I am expecting too much.


Fee : RM 360.00 Nett paid by Papa.

No comments: