July 16, 2010

Check List for Clarisse's Arrival

Hehe.... Everyone knows that I am free and relaxed from work now because I have been blogging very frequently. Unfortunately, I must admit that business here slows down a little and work load naturally reduced (Sad to say, it is a bad trend for the company especially even before the Puasa (Fasting Month) and Hari Raya started. Plus, I am a little slack"ish" myself too. 

Since I have the free/Slack"ish" Time, I want to do a check list to prepare for Clarisse's Arrival. 

(1) Pain Relief Choice

  • I didn't use the EPIDURAL for my 1st pregnancy. So, Epidural will not be my choice this time round too.
  • I inhaled a few times of the ENTONOX (laughing gas) but I feel it didn't actually reduce any of the contraction pain at all. I didn't use much of the gas but I was charged by the cylinder. Hahaha..ok ok..the "Money minded" personality comes in - so I decided I will not use the gas pain relief. 
  • I requested for the ANESTHETIC which was injected to my buttock. I am not sure what sort of Anesthetic was given to me but again I didn't feel the painkiller effect at all. 
  • Most of the time I was BREATHING "the Yoga way - deep breathe in and out". Of course it didn't stop the pain but it somehow diverted my attention a little. The LAMAZE breathing did not work for me exactly because the pain messed me up. I had totally forgotten about what "hee hee hee hoo". 

CONCLUSION : EPIDURAL & ENTONOX is a no no for me this round. I will try not to use Anesthetic too IF I can. Wanna keep everything as NATURAL as possible. Hahaha...if I can tolerate the pain la. BREATHING & WILLPOWER is my ultimate choice of PAIN RELIEF.

(2) Induced Labor
  • I wasn't too sure what is an "Induced Labor". I had the contraction and was dilated 3cm when I went to see Dr. Ravi. He sent me to the Labor Ward, and I was strapped with gadgets and tracked my contraction patterns and baby's heart beat. I was also put on drip. Sorry, a bit ignorant here. I didn't know what was the drip for until now. Was I induced? Dunno leh!
CONCLUSION : I will speak to Dr. Ravi in my next appointment next Wednesday and will ask him about "Was I induced" for my first pregnancy. I will tell him that I PREFER not to.

(3) Hospital & Labor Charges
  • I have been charged with expensive Consultation & Ultrasound Scanning Fees as compared to all my friends and relatives. So I need to speak to Dr. Ravi next week about the Charges, I don't want to end up RM10K for a normal delivery. -- Must remind Hubby to talk to him --
(4) What to pack to Hospital
  • Nursing Bra (I was not wearing Bra for the 2 days stay previously. I didn't complain because I was busy learning to breastfeed. Plus, I had sore nipples, Bra was not an option for me then.) 
  • Slipper
  • Newborn Sleep Suit for Baby Clarisse to go Home
  • Receiving Blanket for Baby Clarisse to go Home
  • Breast Pad - Hmm...Does Gleneagles supply this?
  • Comfortable Clothing for myself to go Home
  • Macbook - Not sure I will get the chance to use or not since I could be busy with Baby Clarisse.
  • Spectacles for watching TV.
  • Camera to take photos for Baby Clarisse - Since Papa will not or might not do it, Mama might as well prepare it MYSELF. :P
  • Mobile Phone
  • CryoCord Bag
** I will review the above list again when I am done. Hehe...see how useful are all these things to me. As the previous pregnancy. I brought NOTHING, I only had "going home" clothing which was packed by my mum on the day we were discharged. Because I was told in the Parentcraft class previously that THE HOSPITAL supplies EVERYTHING you need so don't bring anything. But I realised the above things were missing which Hospital cannot supply.

(5) Labor & Contraction
  • I learned that before the actual labor started, the contraction will comes first and it will last for days . I shouldn't rush to the hospital immediately until I feel the contraction is regular and lengthened. Hmm... this is my second pregnancy, and I was told by many mums that 2nd delivery takes very SHORT TIME unlike the 1st delivery. So, should I admit to the hospital once I feel the contraction or should I just wait? How? Must check with Dr. Ravi next week. My MIL told me that she only had ONE HOUR labor for her 2nd pregnancy.
** I will review this again after the delivery. It will be interesting.

(6) Telephone Number of CyroCord 

(7) Telephone Number of Hazeera/Bella Luna Postnatal Service. Yes, I had engaged Two Postnatal Service. Their service shall be reviewed.

(8) Arrange to meet up with the Confinement Lady next week - Sau Wah Jie. I am a bit skeptical about Confinement Lady but no choice, I need an experienced helper to ensure a good rest and regain my health. 

(9) Final Shopping List
  • Newborn Diapers
  • Breast Pads
Ok. That's it for now. I shall continue if there is any additional things to do to prepare for Baby Clarisse's arrival. EXCITED!!!

No comments: