May 29, 2009

Is it because of teething or Night Terror?

For the past whole one month, Baby Chloe is not been sleeping well. She cried in the middle of the nights with her eyes closed. The frequency of her waking up crying is 3 - 5 times or once every hour starting from 1am until the next morning. Needless to say, there are two zombies who turns into Pandas in the daytime. *arrggghhhhhhhhh....It is so frustrating especially I have to force myself to wake up and get to work every Monday to Saturday. And every morning, i have the thought of not going to work! It is super duper TIRING. Since Baby Chloe's birth, I think I had only less than 5 times of full 8 hours sleep,and less than 10 times of full 5 hours sleep. It can be depressing sometimes, but whenever I look at Baby Chloe, my anger automatically switch to neutral mood and I tell myself that this is just a stage. Once it is over, I Will be fine. *sigh* What about my second/ third baby? Arrghhhh**** I have to start all over again? :P
Like I always tell myself, Time is the only solution for all these crying nights/sleepless nights. It will soon turn to normal once she learns how to distinguish and adapt to the day and night routine.

I am still wondering what makes my Baby Chloe cries every night? I don't think she's hungry. I can tell when she cries for hunger. It is definitely not because of soiled diaper. I consulted Dr. Patrick once, and he said Baby Chloe starts to have dreams and that makes her cry in the night. Somehow, this explanation is not convincing enough. How can Baby Chloe cries with her eyes closed 4 - 5 times every night for the whole one month, and I am sure how long it will last. I am guessing maybe she suffering from teething pain. But again? for one whole month? For whatever reason, I know I am not alone as I have surveyed a few mums, and the same happens to them too. BUT, It is not making me feel any better knowing that I am not alone!!!! I want a solution - *sigh* TIME IS THE ONLY SOLUTION which means??? WHEN ??????

I usually nurse her whenever she cries in the night, to and extent that sometimes Baby Chloe is overfed and she vomits. So, now I will pick her up first and swaddle her in my arms or with her favourite SARONG. I will make sure there is an interval of at least 3 hours if I really want to nurse her. Hahaha....Nursing her is the best way to comfort her while I still manage to rest a bit. If I have to get up to swaddle her, it means I have to be totally awake. I realised one bad thing about nursing her at night is that once she gets used to nursed in the night, and forever she will be asking for me, and it will get very difficult for her to wean off this habit. Especially, I have already the intention to stop breastfeeding.

It is already 6 months, and I have already hit my target. I am thinking to stop breastfeeding any time now. I enjoyed breastfeeding Baby Chloe, she is such an angel. Thinking to stop makes me feel a little guilty and pitiful. I know I shouldn't' be feeling this, and I should just follow what my heart tells me. Do my best, and there is no right or wrong.

Well, at this point of time, I will just leave it first until the tap becomes dry. Don't think too much! :P

No comments: