May 16, 2009

Mama wants to quit her job

There are too many news lately about death & injury of Infants in the care of Indonesian Maids and Babysitters haunting me as a Mama of Baby Chloe. Being a working mum myself, it is definitely a requisite to have a caretaker for Baby Chloe. Hubby and I had decided to hire an Indonesian Maid to act as the caretaker on behalves of Mama while I am working, and her name is NOVI which I had mentioned in my previous blog.

Certainly, Novi is not alone at home. There are two other Maids, my Granny and Three Dogs at home with her. Many told me not to worry so much as these maids will not do funny things when there are so many people around. However, I can't stop myself being paranoid whenever I see any redness or slight changes in Baby's body. The worse is, I can't confront her as I am very concern about the after effect of confrontation. What would happen to Baby Chloe if I enraged her. Will she try to do funny things to Baby Chloe to exert her unhappiness?? Gosh... these thoughts are killing me. So, most of the time, I have to suppress my anger towards her which makes me feel really really sad & stress.

My mum told me not to worry as my two younger sister and brother were taken care of a maid (Her name is Nida) too. Somehow, I feel the situation is a little different in my case. First, Novi is an Indonesian Maid not a Filipino Maid. Well, I am not racist, it is more like how their background will affect their personality and behaviour. Novi is definitely less educated compared to Nida. Nida can speak very fluent English and she is a very responsible lady. On the other hand, Novi has not injected much confidence in me about her capability of taking care of Baby Chloe. She does not posses a convincing personality. For instance, when I told her to wash a bathroom, naturally I expect her to wash ALL PART of the bathroom. But, it turned out the toilet bowl, basin were not washed, the mirror was not wiped, the glass panel which divides the shower area and toilet area where not even cleaned. Well, I heard her washing, but where did she clean? Perhaps, she just cleaned the FLOOR and considered it as DONE! Well, I do not blame her for the first time, so I make sure I will give enough instruction instead of "CLEAN THE BATHROOM".

Novi's cleanliness can never beat Nida. Novi cut her nail on the table where we prepare milk for Baby Chloe. Of course, We saw her and stopped her from doing it. This is personal hygiene, do I really have to go into this detail to instruct not to do so? Well, honestly I never see her doing it again after we told her not to.

She is not a person who knows how to treasure what she has despite that she is coming from a poor family background. How can someone who lives in the Kampung who went through the hardship of hunger (maybe her case is not so extreme) or rather limited food supply and not understand about Wastage. She has a very bad eating habit. She is very choosy in food, and she refuses to eat it if she doesn't like it even if it means she has to waste it. That's why sometimes, I feel it is so not worth it to bring her out for dinner because she does not know how to appreciate it. I also noticed her plate left with rice unfinished even though it is just a spoon. My god!! I cannot stand people who waste food like this. It is just a spoon, I would understand it more if you are saying half a bowl left, then I see no point forcing it if it is really making you uncomfortable. I couldn't take it any longer, so I explained to her how I feel about the karma of wasting food and not appreciating rice. Since that time, she made an effort to clean her plate with no rice left IN FRONT OF ME. Hopefully, she would do the same while we are away.

Another habit of her which also annoyed me is her lazy bones. When I brought her out for shopping, after a short walk, she would show her tiredness by shaking or rubbing her legs against one another. Of course, I personally feel she was not trying to show it to me, it was her inner self which lead her to perform these acts naturally. It annoyed me further when she actually SQUAD and rest in PUBLIC! I told her not to SQUAD, and again I don't see her SQUAD to rest since then.

Complain complain complain. Call me a complain queen. But I feel Novi's bad behaviour posses a major threat to Baby Chloe's development. I do not wish Baby Chloe to learn from her. I want to quit my job.

I have to admit that I am still a very very selfish person. I am so used to the freedom of spending, and I cannot lose my income. Unfortunately, Papa at this moment is not able to fill in the gap for me to quit my job as I am requesting a sum which Papa at the moment cannot afford. Other than income, I cannot imagine myself being at home every day and not expose to the working society. What would I become? A mother? A Fat Mother? A Fat and Lazy Mother? A Fat, Lazy & Depressed Mother? A Fat, Lazy, Depressed, Outdated Mother? Arghhhhh...

Come to a conclusion, it is still Mama's selfishness and irresponsibility; not Novi's bad behaviour. Baby Chloe's growth development definitely is not a concern to her, why should Novi be concerned? Baby Chloe is not her baby, not even a member of her family. As Mama, I am the mother of Baby Chloe and I have the responsibility of taking care of Baby Chloe and take care of her overall growth. *sigh*

I WANT TO QUIT MY JOB! *sigh*

What I can do now is to make sure whenever I am not working, I have to put 100% concentration in taking charge of Baby Chloe. Spend every seconds with Baby Chloe when I am not working. STRESS.......

JOB, INCOME, STRESS, BABY, TIME, FRIEND, FAMILY, MAID, HUSBAND....arghhhh.....What A Life!!!!!!

No comments: