November 28, 2008

Medela Mini Electric & Fenugreek Seed for Lactation

Yeah, after a lengthy struggling with my Medela Electric Pump, I managed to pump 100ml of milk this morning. For the past few days, I was only striving for 40ml to 50ml maximum. The Pump of course playing a big part as it help to stimulate the milk duct since my baby is not able to suckle my sore nipples yet. This pump is very convenient, it can be operated by either batteries or electric cable. The suction can be adjusted accordingly. Very Very convenient. The down side of this pump is that it is very noisy and the motor is very fragile. I was told to handle with extra care, once it is dropped and broke, I can never repair it. Luckily, my Baby Chloe does not get affected by noise, so I can pump my breast milk while watching Baby Chloe sleep. Simple, Easy, Convenient!!!!
However, I must say that other than the superb pump, Fenugreek Seed plays an important role which increases my breast milk.

It was a coincidence that hubby and I bumped into the Organic Shop when I was 7 months pregnant. The staff recommended the Fenugreek Seed to us for milk production. I was already planning to breastfeed my child, so without hesitation I bought the pack of Fenugreek seed. I was a little doubting then, and I actually chucked it aside after I brought it. Haha.

I was desperate for Breast Milk, so I started taking the Fenugreek Seed Drink two days ago. It is a herb used by Indians. Fenugreek seed is now introduced to nursing mothers to increase inadequate breast milk supply. Fenugreek is a stimulator of breast milk production and I read from internet that it actually able to increases in milk production of as much as 900%. Fenugreek is also currently an alternatives medication for diabetes. In recent research, fenugreek seeds were experimentally shown to protect against breast cancer.

Just after two days, it doubles up my breast milk for my baby. :)

No comments: