November 24, 2008

D-Attack

Surprise Surprise Surprise. My Baby Chloe surprised us on the 22nd November 2008, she is two weeks early. Maybe she knows that her MaMa no longer hold the weights.

It's all started on the 21st November 2008 about 11.00pm while Hubby and Andrew were watching Planet of the Apes. It felt like the menstrual pain that attacked me every month, and the pain was mild. Further to that it was irregular, the pain lasted for one minute and gone. I notified Hubby about the contraction and he started to note down the contraction time. The pain lasted for one minutes and gone for 20 minutes or so. Maybe Hubby was too into his Planet of the Apes, he stopped timing my contraction pain and concluded that it was a Braxton Hicks (False Alarm). But the contraction continues irregularly until the next morning before dawn, and the pain increased but is bearable. I tried to wake Hubby up and let him know about my pain, he ignored me and said "Bi, Your tolerance level is lousy! Go to Sleep and don't complain! ". I was so angry and started crying alone with the irregular contraction. I sort of convinced myself that this is a false alarm because my due date is two weeks away.

I managed the contraction using lamaze breathing that I have learned from antenatal course that we have attended. It somehow worked quite well, and I managed to go through the night until the next morning without any sleep. The contraction was bothering me still and my "Darling Hubby" was in deep sleep and totally ignored me. My mum saw me acting abnormally and she insisted that I should go to the hospital immediately even though it might be a false alarm.

Initially I was a little stubborn and told my mum that the contraction is irregular, it should be a false alarm and I shouldn't rush to the hospital. During the antenatal course, they mentioned that the contraction should be regular otherwise there is no point to rush to hospital as they will send you home anyway. Therefore, I decided to call up the my gynae to make sure before any move. Well, my mum was right, the gynae said he couldn't tell whether or not it was a false alarm but I should immediately go to his clinic first.

My mum sent me to the clinic and Dr. Ravi confirmed that I was already 3cm dilated and I should be admitted to the labour room immediately. I was happy and excited, gosh, good girl I thought, My Baby Chloe is coming to see us anytime soon. Finally, my "deary" husband realised that "IT WAS NOT A FALSE ALARM AND HIS BABY IS COMING SOON". I didn't want to inform him but I had no choice, I needed him to register for me because he got the "Yellow Card" which we have pre-registered earlier on. Besides, second thought, I need him to be with me to go through the labour, I was not confidence enough to go through it alone. HaHa..Anyway

I was admitted to the labour room at about 11.00am. I was given a rob to change and I was put on the bed with my belly attached with devices to track baby's heart beats and my contraction movement.

The Midwives and Nurses there were very helpful. They came into explained everything to us and assured us that everything will be taken care of as long as I request for it. They also explained to us that I have three choices of pain management :
1) Epidural
2) Pain Killer
3) "Laughing Gas"
It was about 1pm, I couldn't decide which to go for, and I was advise to wait and see since I was able to take the pain at that time. The actual pain started at about 2pm and all the while I was using breathing to control the pain. However, to be honest, at that time my breathing technique gone a little haywired. The afternoon shift Midwife, Sharon, came in and suggested that I have already dilated about 6cm, so I should opt for the pain killer. Again, the painkiller jab didn't lasted long and as the contracted became more regular and noticeable. Hubby was by my side all along and helped me with the breathing. Painkiller was not good enough, I combined it with the gas. I wasn't sure whether the pain was too prominent or the gas was not effective at all, I felt the contraction so much that I totally lost control of myself, starting whining a lot. Luckily, Hubby guided me through with the breathing. Finally, the actual labour started and ended within half an hour. I was half dead at that time as the gas was making me very dizzy. All I know that my girl was right in front of me, I could not use any words to describe the joy and happiness to hold my child in my arm. Happy tears came and baby was carried away for cleaning and diagnose.

I was so glad that everything is over, and all I can say that all the complains that I made earlier on and all the pain that I gone through, it is all nothing compare to having your baby right in your arms.

Happy Birthday, Baby Chloe. 22/11/2008.

No comments: