November 25, 2008

2nd Day of my Confinement

Confinement is something that i fear - Ginger, Rice Wine, Sweat, No Shower, No hair wash, Constipation, Hemorrhoids, 5 Meals a day etc. All that I heard from friends.... Scary ~

No matter how many times I told my mum that I want to cut down on ginger, my mum stubbornly insisted that I must consume enough Ginger to let out my "wind". Knowing that she spent so much effort to stay back home to cook for me, I ate my meal reluctantly in order not to disappoint her. Baby Chloe is a little "yellow", and I read that I should not consume any ginger if my baby has jaundice. By the way, I am trying my best to breastfeed my child. Sigh... Confinement!

To be honest, my mum is not so traditional as others. I think because she did not follow exactly during her own confinement. So, she is very lenient as compared to others. She allows me to take fruits, hehe, I had two apples today. She used brown rice instead of high carbo white rice. Her cooking is tasty and yet not so oily. She also allows me to drink boiled water. Enough fluid is very important for me otherwise I will get sick and unable pump milk for my baby. I also get to shower and hair wash on my 7th day which I have negotiated for quite a while. Already can't wait for the day to come.

My both nipples are sore since the 3rd day, maybe I didn't latch baby properly causing baby suckle at the wrong angle. Well, both are sore and slightly bleeding, and hubby immediately bought me an electric pump for me to enable baby to enjoy the benefit of breast milk.

Today is my first day of using the electric pump but I couldn't pump anything yet. Feel a little upset that I can't provide milk for my baby. I have no choice but to feed baby temporaly S26 Gold Formula Milk. :(

No comments: