November 6, 2013

Thermomix - Butter Bun (with Chicken Cocktail/Sausage)



Another roti baking using Thermomix

Ingredient :-
Fresh Milk 100ml
Yeast - 6g
Sugar - 20g
Bread Flour - 300g
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1
Butter (cubed) - 50g (or 40g)

Steps :-
1) Pour the milk into the thermomix bowl and add in Sugar and Yeast
2) Put on the lid, and turn speed 2 for 10second
3) Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes and turn the temperature at 37 deg C
4) Once the mixture become frothy, add in the egg, and mix in speed 2.
5) Then, add in Flour & Salt, mix in speed 2 for 30s.
6) Then turn on the "knead" button for 1 minute.
7) Slowly add in the butter cube by cube while the machine is still kneading. 
8) Knead for another 5 mins or until it form a smooth dough.
9) If it's still dry, add in 2 TBSP of water (I have omitted t 2 TBSP of water from the recipe). Mine was not too dry, it was smooth and elastic!
10) The dough came out slightly warm from the Thermomix
11) Let it proof until its size doubled, mine around 30 minutes or less. I think it's because of the "warm" speed up the proofing process.
12) I use 30g for each bun, and roll in the sausage.
13) I yield 18 buns for this recipe.
14) Again, Let it proof till its size doubled which took me only 20 minutes.
15) Send into a preheated Oven 180 deg C for around 10 - 12 minutes. 

While baking, the whole house was filled with the aroma of butter. Everyone stood close by waiting to taste the buns. Hahaha...the happiest moment is to experience such scene. It's really a truly BUTTER ROLL, and this time, I feel it's slightly oily, but Yummy! The recipe asks for 40g of butter, hahaha, I used 50g instead. Don't ask me how's the texture. Ever since I started using Thermomix to knead my bread, none failed! All turn out fluffy and soft. 

Hahaha.... It's such a good machine!!!! Thanks again, Elayne!



No comments: