November 11, 2013

Carrot Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting

A good friend told me that she loves to bake more often too,but somehow the baking spirit did not ignite as she wishes because her children are too young to understand and appreciate it. Hey, come on! I have been through that stage, well, I am still not good in my baking. I have basically zero talent in baking. BUT, when the time hits it right, you will then be addicted with baking. Yes, it can be very addictive when you have supporters, especially support from your children. I guess same goes to COOKING. How I wish I can cook more often. :P

Project of the week - Carrot Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Please click here for recipe & video
http://www.joyofbaking.com/CarrotCupcake.html
As usual, always love her recipe, the cupcake is moist even after two days in the refrigerator. ** But I will tell you why ! **

I intended to make CARROTS using the ready made fondant and colourings that I bought from the baking store, but in the end I was drawn by the cutie ready-made sugar carrot for RM0.90/pkt of 2pcs. Hahaha...

I yielded 18 cupcakes, not all cupcakes been piped with frosting because I personally don't fancy the creamy & sugary. The purpose of the frosting was to satisfy my own eyes and to attract my girls' attention in luring them to eat my bakings. Hahaha.... smart right?! Furthermore, children at this age of 3 & 5 are very lenient on the art of decorative skill. As long as it has the right colour, it will definitely work on them. So, my cupcakes does the wonders with its PINK frosting and the colourful heart shape sugar. 


I don't like Cs to bring cupcakes with frosting to school. I usually bake them MUFFINs or plain cupcakes with no frosting to avoid the mess. These are the carrot cupcakes for school today! 

Big C loves the cupcakes, as well as the frosting. But, I stopped her from licking the frosting halfway, BECAUSE I know how much "poisons" are in those frosting. Too bad, Little C never really fancy cream like this. She is also not a fan of nuts, which I had added walnuts into my cupcakes. She spat out all the walnuts and took a few bites of the cakes. Then, she said, " I don't like your cupcake, MaMa."  So sad! :( but simultaneously funny!!!! :) 

As for the cupcakes...hmm... I had 2 in total myself, without the frosting, of course. I don't dare to go for a third one. Do you know the amount of oil needed to keep the cake moist? It is 160ml of oil for 18 cupcakes means each cupcake contain 8.888ml of oil. *phew* So fattening!!!!!!!!! 

I better stick back to my bread baking project! :) 







No comments: