November 17, 2013

Rainbow Cupcakes


Hello, I am the not so-Rainbow cupcakes

Ingredient:-

200g unsalted butter
150g sugar
1tbsp baking powder
50 gram almond meal
150 gram All Purpose Flour
4 eggs
2 egg yolks
40 grams full cream milk
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1 lemon zest

Steps:-
1. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add the eggs and egg yolks gradually
3. Sieve the almond meal, baking powder and flour.
4. Fold the Dry ingredients & Milk into the Wet Mixture alternately in 3 portions.
5. Divide the Batter into 6 Portions, and colour.
6. I tried to scope using teaspoon but it's rather messy. At the end, I put all the 6 colours into different piping bags, and pipe them into the paper cup which is easier and mess-free.
7. Bake them in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 15-18 mins. or until your toothpick comes out clean

My Mistake:-
1. Using Teaspoon to spoon, the thick batter is just too difficult to control if you want to achieve a multi colour layers. Piping them is definitely much easier and smarter way.
2. I filled up 100% full in order to achieve the colours :(. Next round, I will make sure my piping tip is really small and pipe cup by cup rather than colour by colour. If the first cup failed, at least I can improve it in my next fews. But when I pipe by colour, All of them failed. Because I filled every cup to the max, spillage happened during baking. :( 

That's why I called my cupcake NOT-SO-RAINBOW cupcakes. 

No comments: