September 22, 2012

Novi is going home

Yes, our helper is returning to Indonesia for 3 weeks holiday next week. 

Remember how I boasted about having three maids at home and the Intelligent Robotic Vacuum Cleaner that I bought online was redundant. This statement is no longer valid as the fact is I have been using the Intelligent Robot for almost 2 weeks daily. 

The story begins with my mom's first maid who had returned to her hometown for good last month. Unfortunately, the second maid who supposed to come back in MID AUGUST, after her one month holiday, stood my mom up, and didn't make her presence anymore. Her reason of absence is insignificant since she had decided not to continue her employment as promised. Anyway, her reason was her sister's MAN spent all her money and she had no money to fly to Malaysia ?? My mom bought her a return ticket, isn't it? Well, whatever it is, the conclusion is my mom has no helpers anymore. 

As for my case, I reiterated my concern to Novi if she is coming back to continue her service. She had also provided me a positive response. Well, Hubby and I don't mind if she had decided to return for good. Nevertheless, all we ask is that she has to be clear to us so that we can get ourself prepared for the necessary. 

We tried not to be too pessimistic over this matter, just like the chinese sayings "船到桥头自然直“ - we'll cross the bridge naturally when we come to it. Come what may, we shall wait till the day, and we are sure it can be resolved ??? !! 

Hahahaha..it is always easier to claim our calmness in resolving domestic issues like this, but the fact is I will have to stay home for at least 3 weeks OR even maybe longer (if Novi doesn't turn up later). I can't take such a long leave. My sister told me to take the chance to be stay-at-home-mom like I wished before.   I have too much concerns to quit my job totally...like..ahem.... I am not financially secured yet. Yes, call me selfish. If I am not, my children won't be. I learned that I can't rely solely on ahem..

In any case, I don't have a choice. I will have to take 3 weeks unpaid off from work and take care of children.... Shall update the fun of the coming 3 weeks, and more joys weeks after and after.....

No comments: