September 9, 2012

Clarrise is 2 !

Clarisse is TWO!!!!!! It means I have to face the "Terrible Two" Challenge once again. LOL! Turning Two marks an important milestone in part of her growing up because this is the time where Clarisse knows how to throw tantrums and play tricks to seize our utmost attention. 

This mini "monster" of mine is growing to be independent and learning fast on how to express her emotion especially ANGER. This is probably why people come up with the term "Terrible Two". When Chloe was 2, she cried a lot. Practically crying for every single teeny-weeny matter EVERY SINGLE MOMENT. Everyone told me that Chloe was manifesting her jealousy of her newborn sister then. Haha.... Yeah, Age 2 is the important phase for my babies or maybe all babies because they learn how to FEEL and then EXPRESS through CRYING. MaMa is glad that Clarisse is smiling and laughing more compared to when she was little. HaHa.. She is very expressive now, and this includes rage and sadness. When it comes to dealing with her anger, Clarisse sings the song of VICTORY over MaMa. She is headstrong and never give ways in any circumstances. 

Take for instance of what happened just hours ago, Clarisse cried and contended against MaMa and EVERYONE else, just because she wanted to follow Ah Yi's car ride home. Ah Yi cannot handle TWO, besides, Chloe hopped into the car very quickly and ZOOM they left, leaving MaMa with a crying baby kicking hard to display her discontentment. No matter how I tried to comfort her, she refused to listen and being very persistence "I want to follow Ah Yi's car". She wants it, that's it. 

"I want to follow Ah Yi!" ...Sobbed continuously.

MaMa let Clarisse cried all she wanted as I didn't know what I can do to soothe this uncontrollable outburst. I tried to divert her attention away from Ah Yi. I tried to hug her tight and tell her that I love her. I tried to punish her by making her pulling her ears. I tried to COMMAND her to stop crying. None worked and she kept on crying and crying and crying. It was tremendously heartbreaking to see such scene. *sigh* MaMa started tearing too, secretly. She took a long long time to finally realize that Ah Yi's car had disappeared, and she had concluded that there was no reason for her to continue the battle with me, and hence, she stopped; gasping....still. 

Clarisse likes to do the opposite of what I told her to do for me. When I asked her to come to me, she ALWAYS run away from me. I told her to count 1-10, she likes to reply "I dunno?" - in her high pitch voice. When I told her to match the colors or shapes, she always mismatch them even though she knows the her colours and shapes rather well. Headache. 

It is definitely not an easy task to "tame" my little "monster. PaPa wants me to use the harsh way, teach her a lesson when she misbehaved. But, I know my  daughter well. The hard method will never work on her and eventually she will not find "love" in us. I want to use the "love" method, fill her up with lots and lots of loves. I want to make her understand we love her as much as Jie Jie. Jie Jie Chloe is softer and Jie Jie Chloe obeys us all the times, and hence less scolding. Clarisse is the totally opposite. 

We love them both EQUALLY, no less no more, and I hope they understand us.

By the way, we had a simple family dinner to celebrate Clarisse's 2nd Birthday with a 2-Tier Minnie Mouse Jello Cake. No Photos to mark this special event? Of course there are...PLENTY. To transfer the photos from my camera to the laptop is still lying in my "outstanding list". To clear this task, first, I have to search for the USB cable. Gosh..... After all this, then only I can upload some photos..... Good Luck on my "searching" task. 

No comments: