October 4, 2010

Mystery Solved

Just came home from the Clinic, and finally Dr Loo managed to explain my query. 

I was having this breast pain, apparently after Dr. Loo examined, he told me that my breast is infected and it is called Mastitis. Bacteria might have entered through cracked nipples. Mastitis resulted painful breast, swollen and redness in breast, fever and flu like symptoms. So, I am NOT infected with viral fever la. *sigh* Somemore, the GP in Gleneagle's Emergency told me that I might have dengue, should carry out a blood test. He didn't even examine properly. Dr Loo assured me that it is not dengue as I do not have any aches or feeling lethargic, no rashes found, no vomiting or diarrhea.

Dr. Loo recommended that I should finish my course of Augmentin but dosage should be 3 times a day and take Panadol when necessary. Both of these are safe for breastfeeding. Dr. Loo told me that Telfast is NOT recommended for breastfeeding which was prescribed by GE's GP. Gosh..... He recommended if required I should just take Dexchloramine as this is safe for breastfeeding which was prescribed by a pharmacist at Taman Desa. *sigh* How's the qualifications benchmark as a GP in Gleneagles. Sorry, not that I want to complain much. But, the blur GP who examined me at Gleneagle, he told me to stop breastfeeding and give supplement to my baby because the antibiotic will pass to my baby through my breastmilk. Then, I asked him, isn't there any medications that are safe for breastfeeding. Then he only replied, of course there are. ???? I was totally confused. I was at Gleneagle's Emergency even though it was only fever because 1) No Clinic is opened on Sunday at my area. 2) I want to make sure prescribed medications and Antibiotic are safe for breastfeeding mum. 

But anyway, Dr. Loo told me is okay to continue to latch on the breast that is not infected, and he encouraged me to continue breastfeeding. The infection should be disappeared by Wednesday. It is common to have fever and flu like symptons. Dr. Loo also told me that this is not infectious as I have no cough or sore throat. By the way, just to complain once again, the GP's at GE told me that I had Sore Throat. Just in one day, my sore throat disappeared? I don't really feel any soreness or pain, I am not too sure about the sore throat diagnosis by the GP at GE. Arghhh....

But at least, he managed to prescribe the SUITABLE ANTIBIOTIC and PAINKILLER. Hahaha... I feel so relieved now, not dengue, not viral infection which means I can just sleep with them and even latch on Baby Clarisse. The Fever is not infectious!!! Hooray~ ~ ! Bad News is I still have fever and Mastitis. The good news is I can take care of my babies myself from today onwards. I am going back to work in two weeks times. Time really flies and it is horrible to have this feeling of leaving my babies at home while I go to work. No doubts, my maids are doing a good job, and they manage babies well. But, I wish I can be the one who stay home and take care of my children myself. In fact, I must admit, taking care of your own children is a tougher job than office job. :) Hooray to those Stay Home Mummies! You have done a good job!

1 comment:

Jane Kaylor said...

hope you are getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

i hope it works on you as well.