October 2, 2010

Baby Clarisse - 5 weeks Old

~ SMILLING ALREADY ~
Time flies. Baby Clarisse is already 5 weeks old. She has grown 2 cm longer and 1 kilo heavier, Dr. Patrick said she is growing at a good rate. Baby Clarisse already knows how to response to us by her smile. Whenever we talk to her or play with her, she would response with her smile and excited hands waving and legs kicking hard. 

~ DAY AND NIGHT CONFUSION ~
I though we are lucky this time because Baby Clarisse's sleeping pattern is better than Chloe's. Sigh...it ended the same - as bad! Baby Clarisse sleeps a lot in the day time and wakes up in the night. Hubby and I having hard time to keep ourself awake for Baby Clarisse. She has been sleeping really late. Two weeks ago, she slept at 2.30am, then she changed her sleeping time to 3.30am, and now it became worse because she adjusted it to 5.30am sleeping time. Poor Hubby. My body is generally weak, so I got this flu from somewhere. In order not to pass the flu to the little ones, hubby has to help to take over the job last night. He is very grumpy now for not getting enough sleep. This is a tough job! I fall sick due to LACK OF SLEEP. 

~ RASHES ~
Rashes appear on Baby Clarisse's face, scalp, neck and her back too. I am not too worry about it, because it will go away naturally in the later stage. But I am trying to keep her cool by compressing wet towel on her face and neck, and apply Hazeline Snow. Dr. Patrick told me not to worry too much and he doesn't recommend any medication. So I have to just let it be - Chloe had the same problem too. 

~ FEEDING ~
I express the milk most of the time for feeding, only during the night I would wake up for breastfeeding. She was having 2oz for her 1st month, and now she is having 3oz every two hourly. It is still acceptable since the expressed milk is rather watery compared to formula. But sometimes, she would ask for milk again in less than an hour time even though she had finished with her 3oz. She drinks more compared to Chloe but she still look smaller. Chloe at this time, she had a chubby little cute look, but Clarisse is not Chubby yet despite her healthy grow in length and weight. Well, to me it doesn't really matter as long as they are healthy! :)

No comments: