April 24, 2009

Introduction to Semi Solid Meal - Porridge


Plain Porridge - Recipe
Ingredient :
- One small pinch of white rice
- One small pinch of short grain brown rice
- 8oz. of water

Steps :
1. Wash the white rice and brown rice together.
2. Put the mixed rice into the crockpot with 8oz. of water
3. Slow cook it for 3 hours
4. Blend the porridge using a electric blender until it is super fine.


I tried making rice cereal with the recipe found online. So I did as per advised. First, I grind the rice to powder form, then cook it for 10 mins. But I didn't feed Baby Chloe with this recipe given. After I finished cooking, I realise that I did not wash the rice. But think about it, if I wash the rice, I won't be able to grind the rice into powder form. Also, cook for 10 mins is not enough as I can still taste the uncooked rice which I didn't managed to powdered it totally. Perhaps this is the "guai lo" style. I still prefer the "cina" style. Slow cook the rice is better than cooking it the normal way. Slow cook will make the porridge smooth and minimize water loss during the cooking process.

I didn't mix any milk this time because I still not able to judge how much Baby Chloe can take in. The first time, I added in two tablespoon of breastmilk into the porridge but she didn't finish and became wasted. Since, this is considered as trial feeding, so I fed her about 5 - 6 teaspoon only. Like the last time, she cried before we managed to feed her all the remaining. Mama ended up rushing up to the nursery room to breastfeed baby. Notti Girl!!!!!



Baby Chloe is learning to eat porridge. She did a very good job even though she still doesn't really how to swallow it. Considering it as her second attempt, good job!

No comments: