April 14, 2009

As a BUSY working mum..

I guess nobody understands why am I so busy at work lately, because I don't even understand why. My boss must be thinking what the h*ll am I busy at when the sales turnover has dropped simultaneously with the downfall of the economic. Don't ask me how and why. I just know that I have tonnes of works to do and my work load is like a bottomless well. Even if I managed to get todays' work done, there is always tomorrow's new task waiting for me. That's what my colleagues always say: "DAY DAY NEW!!" (Means every day there is definitely something new for you to do). What to do? I have to handle from KITCHI-MIAO job to management job while learning on the products specification. What's KITCHi-MIAO job? Let me name some examples like reply a simple email to overseas Principal which can be easily done by my boss's secretary, like making a hotel booking for guess which anyone else in the office can do, like making calls to telekom to complain the inactive of streamyx line, ALAMAK!

I have to do all this KITCHI-MIAO job while my boss is pressing me to read all the quotation thoroughly and act adequately in order to achieve sales turnover. My boss is also pressing to do product catalogues and website to improve company's image. The problem is my boss doesn't understand to really be involved into marketing job, I need a 100% concentration to plan & implement. Also, I need a team to work with me and not simply find "Ah Chu Ah Mao Ah Gao" who do not have a single knowledge about designing to create a catalogue! *sigh* My Boss always say to me : " I ask you to do, you can ask your girls to do for you. When I ask you to do, you don't have to do it yourself." It is so easy for him to make this statement. He doesn't understand that I have to spend more time teaching than doing it myself. Of course, I don't mind spending a longer time teaching and checking but my boss is always rushing me for the end products. He never allows me have enough time to even TEACH! I usually ended up doing it myself because to "debug" is more complicated than to re-write a new complete program.

Well, I must be fair to my boss also. He's paying me, and I have to deliver the job! He's the boss anyway! Besides, as a boss-cum-father, he's been very lenient to me lately. He never complain that I arrive work late. Haha... what to do, I stay up really late for Baby's erratic sleeping hours. Well, I still have to thank my boss for being understanding at this particular matter.

As a Mama of Baby Chloe, sometimes I just feel I am not doing enough or I am not spending enough time with my Baby Chloe. Sis Elena saw me online last Saturday at about 2pm, she thought I was at home while msning me. I told her that I was still at work, and she reminded me that I can never finish work, and I can never get back the time lost with Baby Chloe. It was like a CLICK! D*mn it! She's right! For 5 seconds! Then, after I got back to work again. What to do???!!!! Hahaha....She makes me feel guilty la! That's why I dedicate my Sunday for Baby Chloe only and noone else can take away my sunday happy time with my Baby Chloe.

No comments: