March 21, 2009

Hair Loss

These few days, I realised that I am shedding a lot more hair than usual. I used to lose some hair during hair brushing or shampooing, but it didn't bother me much as I wish to get rid some of the weight from my head. But now, it is totally a different story.

The hair loss becomes so consistently noticeable, and it actually worries me a little now. How noticeable? Like I said, my hair used to fall when I brush or wash my hair. Now, I don't even need to do anything and my hair drops naturally when I was working, watching tv, singing, standing, sitting etc etc etc. At times I would feel itchiness on my back, then I realised the itch was from the hair that fall onto my back. My god!!!

My mum told me this is a naturally process. She said she dropped lots of hair too when I was at my 4th month, then I realised that "Oh Gosh, Baby Chloe is 4 months old now." It puzzles me a little why hair loss? How is my hair related to my baby's growth development?

I quickly clicked into BabyCenter to find out is there any scientific explanation to this hair loss. Well, the truth is "YES, there is an explanation for my hair loss" . Apparently, it is all because of the changing of estrogen levels which has caused the hair loss. Fortunately, it is not forever. It says I will probably get back to normal after 6 - 12 months.

Hmm.. wanted to keep my hair long and get a "sexy" perm. So now how? Should I cut my hair short to reduce the mess from my hair loss? A bit unhygienic to have my hair is flying around Baby Chloe's living environment. How la? How la? Cut or Keep?

No comments: