November 3, 2010

Getting Worse

Ok, I am going to complain about my infection again. 

When I got up this morning, I found my right side is very painful, and there are obvious swollen and redness. I had fever in the night and it is making me extremely tired. I am very worried, especially when Dr. Karmanjit mentioned about the pus might developed if the infection is not taken care properly. Also, I realised twice that Baby Clarisse was not feed adequately last night as I didn't hear any gulping sound, and she fall asleep after a long time of sucking. So, I woke up at 1am to pump, and there were not even 1oz of milk flowing out after a 20 minutes. I was so disappointed but I got to stop the pumping as I don't want to break the nipple. Geezz...Then, this morning, I tried pumping again and there are milk flowing out but it is so minimum and the volume is unusually low, total of 3oz only. Plus, I could feel my right side is still swollen with lumps and redness.

Immediately, I went to my regular ob/gynae to do another check. He said the same thing, I must try to release the milk from the blocked milk duct. Otherwise, Pus might developed and we don't want this infection to be chronic illness to me. I show him the prescribed Antibiotic and Ponsten, he said it is ok and Dr. Ravi mentioned that it usually takes up to 48 hours to get these medication effective. Since I am only less than 24 hour. 

Then, Dr Ravi sent me to the nursing department to see Ms. Lee. Well, Ms. Lee didn't help me to release the blocked milk duct but she taught me how to massage and she told me that I have to be hardworking to continue massaging and feed as frequent as possible. My God! 

I feel so sick now! Sob!

No comments: