August 12, 2009

Falling Sick as a MOM

When I was a kid, I liked to be sick so that I could get a day off school.

When I turned 20s, I liked to be sick during exams times so that I could get more days to study.

When I started working, I disliked being sick but not a big deal to me, take MC and rest at home until I recover.

When I started working for my dad, I disliked being sick and I had no time to be sick. So, once I found out I am not feeling well, I will drink more water & sweat it all out! Tried to shorten the time of recovery.

Now as a MOM of Baby Chloe, falling sick is such a BIG DEAL TO ME especially during this critical situation where H1N1 virus is around. Today is already my third day of being sick, and I did not get chance to even talk to Baby Chloe since the day I fall sick. Immediately I felt a little unwell on Monday, I quickly went to the clinic for medication. Doctor advised me to be 3 feet away from my Baby so I did. I quickly got home and rested, all in my mind was to get a speedy recovery so that I can take care of Baby Chloe at night. Unfortunately, after a long sweat and a long hour of sleep, my fever did not go away. I was so sad especially when I heard Baby Chloe crying in the night and I couldn't help at all.

The second day, my mum told me to visit our family doctor at Jalan Genting Klang (Dr.Loo) for a better medication. Without hesitation, I rushed to Doctor Loo. If it was last time, I wouldn't even go, I would wait for another day or two before I seek for another Doctor. Dr. Loo told me that it is just normal influenza flu, might be due to the haze. I asked more details if it could be the H1N1 virus, he didn't answered Yes or No and that's worrying me a lot. He just told me to rest more and drink more water. If I find myself having breathing difficulty then quickly get to the hospital to check. How can I not be worried?? I am not afraid of being sick, I am just can't bear to be away from Baby Chloe for another day.

Last night, I was back to 35.9deg C (*phew*) but I felt weak & dizzy, could be the medication I thought. However, I decided to stay in my room and give it another day before I see Baby Chloe again. I heard Baby Chloe crying all night long while hubby was trying his best to get Baby Chloe to sleep. I wanted to get out of the room and check out how was hubby doing, but I stopped myself since I am still not fully recovered. It just makes me crazy when hearing Baby Chloe cries while I can't do anything about it. I must admit hubby did a very good job! A Big Applause to my big darling!!

This morning, I feel totally fine except a little weak. I almost wanted to tear when I see Baby Chloe. Baby Chloe stared at me, and occasionally distracted by my maid & my dog, then she would turn her attention to me again. I looked at her, and she "ah" said as if she was calling for me. Then, she started to wave her both hands when I was calling her names 2ft away. Even though I do not have high temperature anymore, to be extra careful, I will wait another day and see to make sure I am fully recovered. I do not want to see Baby Chloe to be infected even if it's normal influenza flu. Anyway, I am already back to work today. Low Appetite though.

Falling sick as a mum makes me realised how important it is for me to get my health at tip top condition; I am the caretaker, I am the protector and I need to be healthy in order to carry out my duty to my Baby. I miss my Baby so much now. Gosh!!! I wonder How well can I cope when I travel to Taiwan in September for TEN (10) Dayssss.... Wow, now 10 days sound extra long to me!!!!

Symptoms of H1N1
- Fatigue (YES)
- Severe vomit ting (NO)
- High Fever (NOT ANYMORE)
- Sore throat (NO)
- Cough (Slightly)
- Flu (Slightly)
- Chest Pain (NO)
- Fast Breathing Pattern / Difficulty in Breathing (A little but not really)

SO HOW? AM I OR AM I NOT? Scared! I want to take care of My Baby Chloe, and I don't want to be sick anymore!!

No comments: