January 29, 2012

2012 Year of Dragon

Today marks the Seventh Day of Chinese New Year, MaMa wishes everyone a Properous Dragon Year with endless happiness. Great Wealth and most importantly Great Health. Gong Hey Fatt Choy! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

2012 Dragon gave and is continuing to give MaMa a great learning year. Honestly, MaMa did not have a happy start at the beginning of this Dragon Year. MaMa started the year with tears and emotional caused mistake. Nevertheless, I must say I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to learn from my mistake and learn the power of endurance, patience and acceptance.

Even though the first day of Dragon Year is filled with tears and sadness, the unconditioned love and support from family is deeply appreciated. Once again, I am so blessed to own such powerful element in my life that called FAMILY who supported me and assisted me in every happy or sorrowful event, My mum especially.

From there, I learned the importance of Family Value and I swear to pass this Great value to my girls. From there, I learned the importance of maintaining a substantial level of EQ to avoid unneccessarily arguments. From there, I learned edurance and acceptance of the decision that I made for my life. From there, I even feel the importance of my girls' existence in my life. My girls are my life, and I am going to love them, teach them just like what my mom did to me.

I am so fortunate to gain understanding and support from my in-laws even though I had created such commotion on the first day of Chinese New Year. They did not blame nor did they complain. Instead, they helped me through it like their own daughter. There is no reason for me to complain and continue to be emotional as Dragon is somehow blessing MaMa in a different manner. The year of Dragon made me realised my in-laws are already part of my life, and I am grateful to have them to be part of life.
 
Haha...everyone must be curious of what happened on my first day of Chinese New Year. Since I had learned and I understood my priority, I don't think I should recall such incident - it is all my bad. If I had the power of edurance and acceptance with high EQ, none of these nonesense should bring such troubles to my families. Therefore, my new year resolution is to upgrade these power, enough to control my emotion and maintain harmony in the family.
 
Another learning opportunity occured on the friends' Lo Sang Gathering Dinner. My friend share with MaMa on how to handle TWO children and share the same amount of attention and love. I told my friend that Chloe could say more words and do more things at the current age of Clarisse. I explained to him that I couldn't control both of them even though I tried to make them sit to hear me read. When I put both girls together, they are uncontrollable. Jie Jie Chloe starts running up and down and Mui Mui Clarisse will always follow. There is no way that I can spend some good quality time with Clarisse and exploit her potential. Chloe had benifited a good two years of Quality time with me, but regretfully MaMa only managed 70% of Quality for Clarisse. But, it is not too late yet. I will and I am going to make it up to 100% for both girls. Even Chloe, I am spending much QUALITY time with her lately because of my busy work schedule and it is very hands full when it comes to handle two girls at the same time. According to my friend, his MIL is helping them to take care of two children. So, everyday they will only bring home ONE child. JieJie and DiDi will take turns to go home with Daddy and Mommy every alternate day. Only weekends to spend a big happy family time. During the one child session, they are able to communicate and spend time on ONE to ONE basis which I really think is very important. I think I am lacking the One to One moment with Clarisse. I am actually trying to plan that as in I will try to ask my mum to take Chloe and Clarisse ONCE a week. So, I will have ONE quality One to One moment with them every week. Isn't that a good idea. While the balance 5 days will be filled with happy big family tender loving moment.
 
So many things to learn .... limitless.... With all the understanding from my family (including my in-laws), I am sure I will be able to complete a mission smoothly.
 

No comments: