February 9, 2012

Lion Dance

On the 8th Day of Chinese New Year, which is said to be the auspicious day to be back to work,  we had a Lion Dance Session at the office to mark the first day of Work. 

MaMa told Chloe how excited I am to see the Traditional Lion Dance. My purpose was to lure her to be as excited as I was so that she would attempt to join me to experience the Lion Dance. 

Chloe never like Lion Dance, and she is totally afraid of it. Before she can reach the actual scene, she would be frightened off by just hearing the sound of the drums and cymbals. Papa attempted many times to bring her closer so that she can have a good look at it. Due to her first "EXTREMELY frightening" experience (thanks to Papa), she always keep a distance away from the Chinese Traditional Lion Costume/Display at the Shopping Mall. She would stay to scream if I ever get closer to the Display (@ Tangs, that's why I never get into Tangs during the CNY).

Anyway, before I left home, I thought I tried to ASK both girls if they would like to join me at the office for the Lion Dance Performance. I didn't expect a "YES: reply from them, that's why both of them were still in their pajamas. 

Suprisingly, Chloe told MaMa that she wants to follow MaMa to work for the Lion Dance Performance. I was delighted to hear it as it is a good start to break her fear of the Chinese Cultural Lion Dance Performance. 

They were both changed into white dresses and followed MaMa to Work. On the way to MaMa's workplace, MaMa was trying to find a way to introduce Lion Dance to Clarisse. First, Clarrise is two years younger and she has never approached to such extend of "Noise"/ Sound from the drums and cymbals. And this is what happened. In spite of Clarisse's younger age, Clarisse is nevertheless a more receptive? adventurous? daring? whichever words to describe her, what I wanted to say I don't' expect her to like the Performance and the Noise, but I don't expect her to scream an cry like Chloe. 

Anyway, let's see what happened!


Chinese Traditional Lion Dance Performance at MaMa's Desk, on the 8th of Chinese New Year, 2012. It resembles a good start of work, to bring "ONG" (a.k.a Good Luck) at works.




Clarisse reacted calm, and she never loose sight of the Chinese Cultural Lion. Even though she did not show any excitement on her facial expression, she remained calm and a good girl for the whole performance. 

Let's see How Chloe reacted? 



Hahahahahahahaa.......
Sorry, Can't help it. I really find it very funny till now. 
Dear Chloe , It is just a imitation Lion. MaMa already told you that they are not going to bite you or hurt you. Don't Cry!

No matter how many times MaMa ensures Chloe that the lion will not hurt her because MaMa will be there for her at all times, but still when I tried to get closer to the Lion Dance for the photo shooting.....It is needless for me to describe, please look the photo.

Well, I must agree and praise Chloe for her improvement. She can now keep 5ft away from the lion, and view the performance with LESS fear. After the event, She proudly showed the Lion Dance Video to Clarisse, to Novi, to Grandma, to her little friends. She admitted to everyone that she was afraid of the Lion Dance, but she said she would want to view the performance again next time. She added, PaPa or MaMa must HOLD her tight during the performance. Hahahahaha.....

No comments: