August 13, 2010

Pumpkin Bun

Ingredient A :-
150gram of Pumpkin Mash
300gram of Wholemeal Flour
6gram of Yeast
25gram of Brown Sugar
1/2tsp of salt

Ingredient B :-
150ml of Fresh Milk

Ingredient C :-
25gram of Butter

Steps :
1. Mixed Ingredient A
2. Slowly add in the Fresh Milk to form a dough
3. Once dough is formed, add in the butter to form a smooth dough
4. Proof for One Hour, covering the dough with a wet cloth (until size is double)
5. Split the dough into 14 portions and lay them sparsely in the greased baking pan.
6. Proof for One hour, covering the dough with a wet cloth (until size is double)
7. Put in the Oven for 15-20 mins @ 200 Deg C
8. Optional : Brush Egg on the dough before putting into the oven.

Comments :-
1. I forgot the brush the egg, so it turn out not shinny.
2. I also slightly over baked the bun, the top is slightly darken but not burnt. 
3. The texture of the bun is very soft, nicer than the previous Potato bun that I made before.
4. I Personally think is not sweet enough, like something missing.
5. Can't really taste the pumpkin too.
6. Overall, the texture of the bun is satisfactory but the taste of it --- something missing. Could have better if I add some raisins and more sugar. 
7. I changed the recipe a little, instead of 100ml water + 10gram milk powder - I replaced it with 150ml fresh milk. Instead of Flour, I used Wholemeal Flour. Instead of 100gram of Pumpkin Mash, I used 150grams of Mash. You may try the original recipe, maybe it taste better. *shrug shrug*
8. The original recipe also includes sausages which to be wrapped by the dough before putting into the oven. You can try! 

I didn't take any picture of it as usual, before I can actually take a picture of it. It is usually eaten! Ya..Nice or Not Nice, my family members and maids are very supportive! hahaha....Hubby and I had the bun for breakfast this morning but it was really tasteless so I added Tuna Spread to make it tastier. I handed a small piece to Chloe, she didn't like it too. Hahaha... Poor Bun!

No comments: