August 5, 2010

A Day with Chloe

Mama did not go to work yesterday and was also lazy to go to the knitting place, so Mama stayed home all day long. I played Animal Flash Cards with Chloe in the afternoon, and she can recognize and name all of the animals that I showed her :-
(1) Pig - She knows Pig oiks oiks
(2) Cow - She knows Cow Moo Moo
(3) Dog - She knows Dog Aw Aw (She picked this up from Mei Mei, even though I told her WOOF WOOF)
(4) Cat - She knows Cat Miao Miao
(5) Mouse 
(6) Horse - She knows Horse Yeeee Yeeee (Papa Taught her Yeeeee Yeeeee)
(7) Dolphin
(8) Bee
(9) Otter
(10) Giraffe - She knows Giraffe has long Neck
(11) Tiger - She knows Tiger roars
(12) Lion (But she always says Tiger first when she sees Lion, she only changed to Lion when I told her "NO, this is not a Tiger) - Roars too
(13) Dragonfly
(14) Butterfly
(15) Fish
(16) Bird
(17) Elephant
(18) Rabbit
(19) Squirrel
(20) Monkey - She knows Monkey WU WU AH AH....hahhahaa..
(21) Sheep - She knows Sheep Meh Meh
(22) Snake - She knows Snake SSS SSS
(23) Spider
(24) Crocodile

I also set up the Pool for her since it was a HOT DAY. She enjoyed it so much in her COLD WATER Pool with her Pail, Spades, Sieve (Beach Toys) until she was so reluctantly to get out of the water. It was so nice to see her have fun splashing waters on her own.

Then, my maid sent her for a bath and I followed them to the bathroom; I just want to see how my maid handle her in the bathroom. Hmm....She did everything right except that she has forgotten to give the toothbrush to Chloe. Maybe she thought brushing teeth should only be done in the morning and night?? Anyway, it was an evening bath for Chloe, but I passed her the new toothbrush that I bought for her. She hold her brush CORRECTLY, and she started to brush her front teeth. Wow, I was amazed. She finally knows how to brush her teeth. She used to BITE the toothbrush, not BRUSHING. And now, she is actually brush with horizontal movement on her front teeth. Well, not the correct way yet but at least an improvement. GOOD GIRL!

How I wish I can OCCASIONALLY stay home just to catch up with Chloe and teach her new things and go through every single of her growth development. 

Chloe likes to TALK a lot, and expecting us to answer her most of the time. If Mama did not answer her, she will starts to call : MAMA, MAMA........MAMA...MAMA..until I answer her YES or give her any respond.

However, I must said she is lack of confidence still. She dares not sit on the Parachute ride (it supposes to build her self confidence) in the Gymboree Playclass. She is always attracted to all the Figurine Rides (Those in the amusement park, which will move with music after coin is inserted) BUT never DARE to even step 3 feet closer to the ride. *SIGH* Before I can ask her whether she wants to ride on it or not, she was PULLING my hand HARD and tell me to go away from it. 

She likes playing water but she dares not SIT on her own float and move about herself. She needs Mama or Papa to hold her really tight otherwise she will start her DRAMA again. 

AT LEAST, she is able to sit on the SLIDE now. Ya. I know many babies can do it way before this age (20th month) but Chloe only recently accepting the SLIDE. Hahaha....

I feel she is like Papa, not those adventurous type. Completely opposite of Mama. When she sees something new, she will step BACKWARD and OBSERVE Long long time, and decide whether she wants to do it or not. That's why I am not worried whenever she is near the staircase (well, I will be NEXT TO HER), because I know she is a very careful person, she will never rush. She will always observe and hold the rail tight before she moves forward. :P 

No comments: