May 9, 2012

Chinese for Chloe...

I may sound super "Kiasu" from the Blog subject, but I am definitely not the champion. :p Chloe is turning age 4 this nov. But, she will be joining all the 2008's children for Primary 1 (Standard 1) which is 2.1/2 years away. It may sounds really far away, but I think I must somehow start planning for it.

Weeks ago, my mom asked me whether if I am sending Chloe to a Chinese school for her primary education. Without hesitation, I answered "OF COURSE". My initial plan was 
- 1 year in "Learning Through Play" School / Montessori
- 2 years in Kue Cheng Kindergarden so that she can pick up some Mandarin
- 6 years Primary Education in Kue Cheng Primary School.

After having Chloe in P&J for months, MaMa is completely indulging the warmth and friendliness emits from each of every teachers and staffs. The privilege of having most teachers and staffs to recognize me that I am Chloe's MaMa. MaMa could pick up Chloe without a Car Tag, the teacher could easily recognizes me and called out Chloe's name on the PA system so that they can send Chloe to my car. This is what I call a perfect dismissal for both parent and child. It's safe, it's organized, it's absolutely stress-free! What I like most is that whenever Chloe's class teacher sees me in the school, she always comes to me with a nice warm greeting and updates me about how Chloe was doing at school spontaneously. Seriously, Mrs Zue has the power of mind-reading, and she can always answer my questions in my mind. So perfect!

Sigh...Now comes to the time to decide which CHINESE SCHOOLS becomes even tougher because I just can't bear to take away Chloe's happy childhood by sending her to a school which is strictly academic and discipline. Chinese schools are known very strict and the tendency to correct children's bad behavior through punishment like caning. I am Chinese-educated. I survived! It was a lot easier for me because I am a 100% "CINA" brought up in a 100% MALAYSIAN CHINESE environment. Of course, I struggled a lot during my college times as English was the only language used throughout my further studies. :P

Ya. Why would I think that Chloe might not be able to cope in the Chinese School? Geezzz... People said kids thrive in any environments that we put them in, the problems always lie with the parents who underestimate their children's real capability. We are the interference of our children's development and the path towards independent. YA! I know all these facts. I think i have too much "TLC" flowing in my blood, oozing continuously...... Kakakaka...

Why Chinese school? 
1. Because it has better discipline (what an irony! I know! It was just one minute ago that I complained about their strictness on children's discipline!) 

2. I want my children to use their own mother-language, able to read, write & speak in proper Mandarin.

3. I want my children to learn to thrive in a harsher environment so that they will be tougher ?!!!!

Now, these are the only schools that I have in mind now :-
坤城小学
中华小学
黎明小学
中国公学

These are the only chinese primary school that I know. Somehow I know Li Ming is not possible because of the location. Even Kue Cheng is also out of the way but it is definitely top in my list. Zhong Hua was my Primary School, My parents' primary school, my cousins', my brother's, my aunties and uncles. It had a good long history, but honestly I didn't like the community because Zhong Hua is famous in making "Ah Lian" and "Ah Beng". Ok FINE! I was AH LIAN too! :p Just didn't like idea of Chloe or Clarisse being part of the Lian-Beng Category. Zhong Guo is highly recommended by my mom because she receives lot of hearsays from Yi Ma Gu Jie that it is a highly respected chinese school. I have not heard of it before until she mentioned about it. Then, i googled a little about it, apparently, it is a famous chinese school who is at par with Kue Cheng. Sigh... I visited Kue Cheng kindergarden before, I really liked it there. I am not sure will it be too taxing for Chloe to travel to school everyday with massive traffic for her 8 years of life - 2 years kindergarden and 6 years primary. Geez...I don't even want to think about her secondary life yet. 

I called up Zhong Guo, and I was told that I should register 2008 child by next year. Argghhh...I have 7 months more to make my decision. I have heard some parents from P&J already registered their children into XXXX Chinese Primary School in Desa Park City or wherever they stay. I googled and found Kepong 3 is the only Chinese school there, but it is definitely out of the way.  

What is this MaMa doing? MaMa is enjoying P&J way too much that I infact was considering to place Chloe at P&J for another year so that I can also send Clarisse to P&J next year. This way, Chloe can 'sort of' take care of Clarisse. Primary School? I am stuck at Kindy's choice, how can I proceed with the registration of Primary School? Arghhhh.... So scary! My mom said she never had these problems with 4 of us (2 brothers and 1 sister). She chose the nearer school available. Ha! 

No comments: