September 21, 2011

trauma continues....

I couldn't finish the previous blogs..it was such torturous moments and I couldn't continue. The toughest Part of being a MaMa is not the labour process but the process of witnessing my children going through undesirable pains. It is so me to start blaming myself for not being a good MaMa but at that point of time, my brain stopped functioning, emptied. It is also irrelevant to play the blaming game too. What I wanted was a solution for my baby. 

The test came out and we were horrified she was tested Influenza A positive. At once, Dr. Patrick told us that it was H1N1. We were speechless and burnt-out. How come? Again? She was tested ONCE with Influenza A positive (H1N1 - during the epidemic) when she was 7 months old. Why now again? I thought Chloe is supposed to immune to H1N1? Dr. Adrian immediately started with Tamiflu and Antibiotic (which I didn't notice what was it..) on Chloe. The Antibiotic did not seem to react to Chloe so well, because her temperature hits 41 deg C. Dr. Adrian and MaMa were both busy sponging my baby, while the fan was blowing strong towards Chloe. After 15 minutes, her body temperature came down a little and Dr. Adrian prescribed her another Antibiotic named Klacid and another one which I didn't notice what is it called which needed to injected to her body through IV. 

The blood test came out shown that she is infected with Microplasmal Pneumoniea. MaMa tried to google it online and try to find out more about it but as I said earlier on that my brain was totally out of function, and the whatever medical terms that described this bacteria type just couldn't registered into my brain properly. 

Baby Chloe was admitted to the hospital for 72 hours and she was a good girl as what Doctor and Nurses described, she was calmed and steady for her age. But the little devil came out when all the nurses and doctor were out of the room, she started to ask for heaps of TLC especially from PaPa. 


She was very occupied with various activities. The Ipad, of course, Colouring Book, Barney DVDs, Unlimited TV..... My good girl handled her left hand, which was heavily bandaged, so well. She was a little uneasy at first, but after 24 hours, she was already using both her both her hands to handle everything. 

The fever subsided completely on the 2nd day. No re-occurance. However, Dr. Adrian insisted we should stay for total of 72 hours for her treatment. 

"All parents will say YES to whatever Doctor tell them to do on the first day when their babies were very sick, and when babies recovered on the 2nd day, everyone starts to bargain with Doctor for discharge." Dr. Adrian said this when we asked if it was necessary to stay on for the 3rd day. Well, Papa and MaMa thought just comply to it since it was already a last 24hours that we need to stay in the hospital. For Chloe's health sake, I think we just have to comply to Doctor's recommendation.

Chloe was discharged yesterday and everyone who saw her told me that she lost a lot of weights. This is inevitable. Furthermore, her mouth ulcers were such a pain for her to even consume her milk. Luckily, Chloe is a greedy little fella. She was always easily tempted with food. So, I gave her various type of food every hourly, and everything was eaten only in a small portion like hard-boiled eggs, Papaya, biscuit, water, juices, porridge, macaroni etc etc etc. Better than nothing at all. 

Chloe has to continue her Tamiflu and Klacid Antibiotic until the end of the week. So, MaMa will not going to have any program after work including gym. I am going to head home early today and every day to check out my babies until they are completely well.

No comments: