September 1, 2011

Sweet Dough Buns again..


Sweet Dough Bun with Bacon and Cheese Fillings


Sausage Buns


Butter and Sugar Buns with Almond Flakes

This is my forth attempt for the Sweet Dough Buns, and also my fourth recipe tryout. So far, the first was a failure because it didn't taste good at all. The second was acceptable but it was the most popular one because the sausage buns were all gone the next day. I didn't like it so much because it has a taste of condense milk which I don't really like. Then, the third recipe which I made them into Sardine buns. It was not bad too, it didn't go the next day but they were all finished on the third day, and I was forced to throw away the last bun which was already rotten. I like the bun, it has condense milk but maybe because the strong sardine taste has overtakes the taste of condense milk. 

Yesterday, I found another recipe of Sweet Dough Bun and I was attempted to make a variety of buns so that they will be popular, and I won't have to throw a way any buns. I think this is not the case though. Hahaha...They are some Tuna buns left and Bacon & Cheese open buns which I added some mayo on it. Don't think it can be eaten tomorrow. Oh, I didn't post the photos because they don't look so appealing but they are the more popular than the others because of the mayo.

To be honest, out of this four attempts, I like this recipe most. It is not as soft and fluffy because I think I didn't achieve the elasticity that they were indicating in the recipe. The dough supposed to achieve an elasticity whereby I am suppose to be able to stretch them thinly without tearing them apart. Obviously, i didn't manage to make it happened even though I machine-knead and hand-knead for almost an hour. The dough is still sticky, and I couldn't resist to top up more flour to the wet dough. After an hour of kneading, I gave up and resolved with the NOT-SO-WET-BUT-STILL-STICKY dough. Hahaha... Anyway, this bun recipe taste better than the others, I just need to find a way to achieve the elasticity that all books ask for. So far, I didn't achieve any out of four attempts. :( My stand mixer just gets very hot after 10 minutes, and my dough also turns hot as the machine gets hotter. I didn't know what to do, and I took it out to hand knead them.. still.. not making it happen. Then, I put the dough back to the machine again and the dough became hot after 7 - 10 minutes...Is it because the machine is not heavy duty enough? Or my machine has already aged? 

It is ok. I will try again. :P

No comments: