September 12, 2011

Sesame Buns & Meat Pau


I made this Pau last night for Papa & Chloe. Chloe rejected my Pau because the Base of the Pau was terribly Wet, and I am not sure why. Papa didn't eat the Meat Pau, He ate half of the Sesame Pau (because I forgot today is actually a Vegetarian Day) and told me that He is not a Pau Person. I ate 1 1/2 of the Sesame Pau and it tasted ABSOLUTELY fine, not fantastic! Just trying to figure out why this round the Pau Base is WET? Is it because I didn't put a Towel? Or...something else? Only the base is WET. I shouldn't have done everything all by myself then I will be able to analyze what went wrong. I told my maid to steam it for me. Still, She steamed the Pau as usual..What could be wrong?



Silly Me, trying so hard to please my husband's stomach. But husband said he is not a Pau guy. I am such a failure. Almost reaching the edge of giving up. I don't mind to eat all of them by myself because I really feel that they are not that BAD, they are infact reasonably nice compared to outside Pau. Hubby is not supportive at all. I read so many blogs and those blogger's husbands are all so supportive. Mine? Don't make! Just Buy! I am not a Pau Guy, I am not a cake guy, I am not a bread guy. I have not started cooking him any meals yet, I hope he won't tell me he doesn't take his meal. He only drinks Milk. :"( Can't help feeling despair sometimes. I really don't mind if he said they are not nice or they tasted bad, because I am prepared to achieve his standard even though it needs 100 attempts.


My Sesame Bun, it tasted Good. Soft and Fluffy even after one night. Just the crust is a little hard, I think I overbaked it. Also, I think I didn't roast the Black Sesame long enough, it didn't have the STRONG Sesame Fragrance that I anticipated.


Chloe and Clarisse love them. I think my maids don't mind eating them too. I had a few slice myself. My mum said it was Horrible. My husband refused to try. 

Arrrgghhh... I am still so far far far away from my final destination.

I miss Andrew so much now. He is the only supportive person in the whole family other than my girls. :P Hahaha.. He is always supportive by eating my cake/bread/Pau, and he would tell me to throw them in the garbage if it's really bad, and he would ask me to try again. If it's nice, he will eat it with his happy face and said, "OK, not bad!" or "Ah Ji, This is the best cheesecake!" Who doesn't like to be flattered by praises, and who doesn't feel despair when words of discouraging kept on coming while you are trying so hard. :"(

Well, Maybe I just didn't put enough effort to compensate my lack of talent! Kaka... NO! nobody is stopping me from my interest. It is time to try again and again, and I will be able to make good cake, good pau, good bread for my girls. :) Just don't make anything for Papa anymore. Whenever I want to make something, I just have to make sure my girls like it and it is healthy for them. 

No comments: