September 24, 2011

The Last Episode of Sick Diary?!

Hopefully, this is the last episode of my daughters' sick diary. 

I was praying hard every day hoping that Baby Clarisse can be stronger and not fall sick. However, the intimacy between these sisters has inescapably passed the viral to Baby Clarisse. Two days ago, Baby Clarisse's temperature went up to 39.5 deg C. This had never happened to Clarisse for the past one year, and all the while I thought Clarisse is healthier and stronger, she has better resistance to fight against these viruses. 

My Panic Button was instantly turned on, and my emotion dropped to rock bottom. I was easily irritated and Papa & Mama ended up yelling at each other a lot. It was indeed a stressful week for both of us. I was reluctant to bring Baby Clarisse to Dr. Patrick/Dr. Adrian, because Dr. Adrian once told me if Baby Clarisse has fever more than 38 deg C, he has to put her on Tamiflu and Antibiotics. Of course, to cure the current sickness outweighs the side effects of these drugs. But, I can't bear to see Baby Clarisse go through the pain that Chloe just experienced days ago.

Papa & Mama had decided to seek for Dr. Loo's help instead, because I believe he will be the one who is going to tell me that my daughter is not infected with H1N1! True enough, Dr. Loo told me to calm down and it was nonsense to diagnose my baby as H1N1 just because Influenze A positive. It is possible to be Influenza A positive even if it's just common flu. 

Dr. Loo also prescribed Klacid (the same antibiotics as Chloe) and medicines for cough, flu & fever. Irregardless of how I resent the idea of suppository, Baby Clarisse was also given a suppository upon consultation. It is important to bring her temperature down first as per advised by Dr. Loo. 

The first day, Baby Clarisse's fever went up and down. I was not being stubborn nor I was afraid to stay in the Hospital. I wanted to try out an easier way for Baby Clarisse. Baby Clarisse's attitude stayed very positive and active throughout the day. The second day, her fever subsided, and her fever did not return for the day. Until late evening, her temperature went up again to 38 deg C, and it came down after 2.5ml of paracetamol. 

Today is the third day, I have told Papa to monitor closely. Now is 2.03pm, so far no fever! :( 

I am very tried and sad. Please....... let's end the story here! :''(

No comments: